Author Topic: No audio  (Read 4101 times)

Phil7789

Re: No audio
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2022, 09:26:34 pm »
Yes, every sound GSX makes is using that device.

So for easier understanding let's assume I have Audio A (default device) and Audio B (custom device).

I've set Audio B as audio device in GSX settings in the audio tab. All the 3d sounds are played via Audio B, while the interface voice is played via Audio A.

As far as I've understood you every sound should be played on Audio B though, right?

hammertime

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2022, 09:37:49 pm »
Umberto, the trick doesn't work, I often get "no audio" again as soon as I load the flight (and no other sources are present in the GSX Audio menu) and I need to restart Coautl. Am I the only one?
You're not the only one... I have GSX using the speakers in my monitor (via HDMI), and I'm frequently met with "no audio", despite sound working in a previous sim session.

Restart couatl, and I'm back to HDMI monitor speakers.

What's weird is, I've used GSX for P3D for years with this setup... Has only started happening with GSX Pro with MSFS

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2022, 10:34:59 pm »
What's weird is, I've used GSX for P3D for years with this setup... Has only started happening with GSX Pro with MSFS

Everything related to its own audio in GSX is completely independent from the simulator, and it's still running the same code in MSFS and P3D.

hammertime

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2022, 10:47:52 pm »
and it's still running the same code in MSFS and P3D.
Strange indeed. I can honestly say that audio was solid as a rock pre-GSX Pro in P3Dv4 and v5 though.

I've got a couatl log of a "good" audio initialisation in MSFS... will see if I can capture a log where GSX boots up with "no audio" as the output and feedback if possible

Dal123

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2022, 12:36:25 pm »
Sometimes in the setup menu I show 'no audio" available. Clearly I have video working at this time. I back out of program, back out to main window in MSFS. Go back in and to settings on GSX to audio and my choices are back. This happens not every time but often.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 12:39:57 pm by Dal123 »
Gary Boivin