Author Topic: Did PMDG 'break' GSX with latest PMDG update?  (Read 1389 times)

rsm2000e

• B738 Pilot AAL-211 YouTube Channel rsm2000e
    • Visit my YouTube Channel today!
Did PMDG 'break' GSX with latest PMDG update?
« on: October 16, 2022, 06:17:30 pm »
Hello All,
Since updating my PMDG 737-700, GSX is not working as expected.  "Boarding" process does not operate properly, luggage loading tugs pass by my plane and do not unload, even though the luggage loading 'belts' are attached to the plane...  I did a complete uninstall/reinstall and picked gate 6 at KSMF (Sacramento, CA) which is a default MSFS airport and my PMDG 737 at the gate and what a mess.  If I panned with my mouse around the exterior view, the jetway suddenly re-positioned itself away from the front aircraft door and upon further panning, the jetway moved back to correct position.  Wondering if I am alone in this or if other PMDG pilots suddenly having issues with GSX?  Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Did PMDG 'break' GSX with latest PMDG update?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 03:42:09 pm »
Since updating my PMDG 737-700, GSX is not working as expected.  "Boarding" process does not operate properly, luggage loading tugs pass by my plane and do not unload, even though the luggage loading 'belts' are attached to the plane.

Can't see any issues here. PMDG works fine.

picked gate 6 at KSMF (Sacramento, CA) which is a default MSFS airport and my PMDG 737 at the gate and what a mess. 

Default KSMF seems to have issues with parking spot positions, that gate 6 is placed in a weird way: even without using the GSX jetway replacement files, the airplane is placed askew and the jetway (default Asobo model ) is on top of the airplane.

If I panned with my mouse around the exterior view, the jetway suddenly re-positioned itself away from the front aircraft door and upon further panning, the jetway moved back to correct position.

Very well known MSFS bug in the jetways system that has been known for over a year:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28087.msg183882.html#msg183882

jparguello

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2022, 04:55:24 pm »
Hi. I had the exact same issues with my PMDG 737-800. With the jetway already connected, it would disconnect as soon as I requested boarding. The baggage carts also drove off and would come back after 5mins and then began loading. Passengers loaded in 3 seconds. I tried this in several airports (default, Asobo default, payware, and marketplace payware) and had similar results. I tried uninstalling GSX, adding payware airports into the non-service list, and tried updating through two methods. I cant say for sure when the issues started, but I do seem to think it was when I updated the PMDG 737.

However, this issue seems to have been partially solved for me with GSX's latest update. The jetway does not disconnect anymore when requesting boarding, and passengers now board at a normal time. The only issue that remains is the baggage carts driving off and returning after 5mins. This doesnt bug me as much since I can just "imagine" they are going to retrieve the baggage from somewhere.   

Hope your issues were fixed with the latest update.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2022, 07:27:39 pm »
The only issue that remains is the baggage carts driving off and returning after 5mins. This doesnt bug me as much since I can just "imagine" they are going to retrieve the baggage from somewhere.

This has been explained several times on the forum, it's not an issue, or something that needs to be fixed, it's how GSX always worked for the past 10 years, and it's entirely intentional.

Baggage loaders for Boarding are not created at your parking ( a vehicle parking spot ), to simulate they are coming from some kind of centralized baggage handling facility and prevent the unrealistic pop-up in front of you, already full.

But since GSX cannot possibly know if your next action is Boarding ( nothing stops you from staring with Deboarding instead ) the ones created as soon a parking spot is activated, are always empty, because they are correct in case you are Deboarding, and will be sent away when Boarding, because the full ones are supposed to come from afar.

However, you are losing any time because, the full loaders coming from afar start at the same time as the empty ones going away, so there are 4 loaders in total, running together, which means you don't have to wait any longer than the time it takes for the full ones to reach your parking.