Author Topic: Correcting AFCAD paths in user airport configs  (Read 837 times)

disco79stu

Correcting AFCAD paths in user airport configs
« on: September 13, 2022, 08:04:43 pm »
So from what I understand you‘ll have to correct those paths in the user configs you get online (for example flightsim.to) so it finds the correct AFCAD. While some linked .bgl files are to be found in their add on airport folder, some 3rd pary airports seem to be using an AFCAD that sits somewhere in the default MsFS structure.
Is thisnjust the way it is and shows that some developers justnuse the default AFCADs or ist this some mistake that indicates an issue?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Correcting AFCAD paths in user airport configs
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 10:52:57 pm »
So from what I understand you‘ll have to correct those paths in the user configs you get online (for example flightsim.to) so it finds the correct AFCAD.

Quoting from the GSX Manual, Page 46:

The name of the .BGL used to customize the scenery is listed in the [GENERAL] section of the GSX .INI profile. It will include the complete path valid for your system but, don’t worry, there’s no need to edit it out before sharing your work, since GSX will only use the .BGL filename, and will ignore the full path altogether, it has been designed like this exactly to facilitate sharing of GSX .INI profiles without worrying about different paths. As long the currently active .BGL matches the name referenced in the .INI file, the .INI will be loaded by GSX, no matter the path.

disco79stu

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2022, 11:17:26 pm »
Okay, that's what I knew from P3D, I was just confused since most of the authors on flightsim.to advise to change the path.
Also, some comments on those files state that it only worked after they did change the path(s).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 11:21:39 pm »
Okay, that's what I knew from P3D, I was just confused since most of the authors on flightsim.to advise to change the path.
Also, some comments on those files state that it only worked after they did change the path(s).

Not sure why they said that, I tried this multiple times, the path doesn't make the slightest difference, even when it's intentionally wrong, see here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,27454.msg179682.html#msg179682