Author Topic: Please remove simbrief restrictions  (Read 1175 times)

AndyCYXU

Please remove simbrief restrictions
« on: September 13, 2022, 05:29:08 am »
OK, maybe restrictions is not the best choice of word, but simbrief checking departure time is really nuisance. Make it check number of passengers and nothing else really since it is not used for anything else anyways... is it...?

I would honestly never even use simbrief integration but since there is no option to set how many passengers to load at what moment does it decide how may passengers to load when set to random? I start with empty aircraft then I load it in FMC.. so should I start GSX loading after setting values in FMC (pmdg 738) so that it doesn't load me 4 passengers as the weight is small until i start loading in FMC, which is btw the first thing i do anyways.

I really DO NOT care what time I depart what is says on simbrief, so can we just ignore it.

https://ibb.co/mJr2Zs8

For now I will basically just make flight for 23:xx, but yet another unnecessary extra step,

It matters because sometimes I want to use already made flight plan

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 06:49:58 pm by AndyCYXU »

AthenaG

Re: Please remove simbrief restrictions
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 08:03:31 am »
SimBrief integration is used by many for flight planning and FMC integration by many aircraft add-on, including Fenix and PMDG.  In SimBrief, when the number of passengers and cargo weight is set (instead of using “Default”), GSX will use that exact number for the passenger boarding.  It works very well without any issues.

The departure time is also needed by GSX for for VDGS equipped gates. It’s real cool to see the countdown time remaining before OBT.

I guess for regular users of SimBrief for flight planning and online network users, the time is a requirement and is important. But in your case, you could just set the time in SimBrief like 23:59 or something very late.

Athena Grey

AndyCYXU

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2022, 09:13:22 am »
I use simbrief all the time for pmdg and the time is not important at all, weights yes if I want to import these direct to FMC, but time doesnt matter

but now I understand that it is used as you say in VDGS equipped gate,, so yeah fine

so looks like  I have to just set time to 23:59 "something like that" then I can start at whatever time I want inside the sim, so only problem is if I happen to be in a VDGS gate it won't show countdown well I guess i have to live with that.

I am yet to be in a VDGS gate and probably I have to set them up first, as in setting up parking sport, it's not like they are just going to be there magically.

jgniewkowski

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 01:48:01 pm »
For me departure time is extremely important, especially while using something like PACX. You are correct - you'll have to configure a gate to use VDGS but it is really nice to see how much time you have left until your scheduled departure.

I really appreciate the integration.

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2022, 01:54:31 am »
I'm with you guys. If the briefing doesn't match the time, airports, or aircraft, just ignore it because it's not for our flight.

Maybe Umberto can add a "Use any old briefing we find" option for those that really don't care, but leave it as is by default for those of us us who only want to use valid briefings. 
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.