Author Topic: Does Anyone Know Why my Plane is Spinning Out of Control in Slew Mode in FSX?  (Read 5006 times)

kmanning

Hi,
It seems that I've read about this problem somewhere here but I can't find it. I want to know why it is that every time I use the Customize Parking Position in GSX, which puts the sim into slew mode, my plane starts spinning violently all over the ramp. It does the same thing even when I'm not running GSX so I don't think GSX is the problem here. I've recently purchased the Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick and the TCA Throttle Quadrant, and this is when the problem started. The problem must be caused by one of the 2 TCA devices because when I disable these Controllers in FSX, the spinning stops and slew mode works just fine. Every time I want to make adjustments in the GSX program, my plane starts spinning out of control. I've already read reports that the controller need to be calibrated, or something like that, and that is not the problem here. They have all been calibrated and the controls work just fine. I don't see what calibration has to do with this problem. I've searched the problem and there have been NO logical solution to this problem and it's not hardly mentioned, and nobody seems the know what the real cause of the problem is, except to say that it needs calibrated. Will someone that knows about this problem tell me what's happening and how to fix it.

Ken.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 10:27:22 pm by kmanning »

yurirodin

Ken,

I don't think there is a "solution" to this problem except to disable the USB controllers from FSX/P3D and use FSUIPC for all your USB devices. If I or anyone else with many USB controllers enables them in P3D or FSX you will get the spinning in slew/GSX customization. I'm just fine with disabling all controllers in P3D and using FSUIPC to control my USB devices. If I enable them in P3D I get the spinning. No solution that I am aware of.

trisho0

This is what I get about the same spinning and also the jetway and the bridge can't be repositioned as intended. Here to watch ...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MKqq7TkH28r-wx0a_6kosdkri9mQC8Jo/view?usp=sharing
LOG file also is here.

I disconnected the USB Joystick and no spinning but still jetway and bridge behaving exactly the same.
I don't think the problem is related to USB, before I never had such and never changed anything for the Joystick.
It has to be some missing instructions from GSX engine.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 03:48:01 am by trisho0 »

kmanning

Ken,

I don't think there is a "solution" to this problem except to disable the USB controllers from FSX/P3D and use FSUIPC for all your USB devices. If I or anyone else with many USB controllers enables them in P3D or FSX you will get the spinning in slew/GSX customization. I'm just fine with disabling all controllers in P3D and using FSUIPC to control my USB devices. If I enable them in P3D I get the spinning. No solution that I am aware of.

I've had other USB controllers and it's never done that. It only started doing this when I purchased both the TCA Sidestick and the TCA Throttle Quadrant. My previous USB joystick was the microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 and it's never gave me this problem. I've also used the Logitech USB joystick and it's never had that problem. It seems to me that the developers at Thrustmaster should be aware of this and put out a notice regarding this issue, but nothing is NEVER said about it, not even in any of their manuals. I view that as they're not interested with the problem. They want to sell their products but they never get around to fixing the problem.

Ken.

kmanning

This is what I get about the same spinning and also the jetway and the bridge can't be repositioned as intended. Here to watch ...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MKqq7TkH28r-wx0a_6kosdkri9mQC8Jo/view?usp=sharing
LOG file also is here.

I disconnected the USB Joystick and no spinning but still jetway and bridge behaving exactly the same.
I don't think the problem is related to USB, before I never had such and never changed anything for the Joystick.

Mine plane does not sit there in one spot and spin. The plane is all over the field, moving at about 500 knots or more going sideways and spinning at the same time.

Ken.

trisho0

LOG file also is here.

Mine plane does not sit there in one spot and spin. The plane is all over the field, moving at about 500 knots or more going sideways and spinning at the same time.

Ken.
Yep, it has to be something with GSX program not fine-tuned yet. I don't waste time to see further on the joystick settings and it may go worse and also to be in a dark place.
So, what about waiting for more FSDT Live updates later on? Maybe someday we get better fun, a Xmas gift (lol).
I do my flights enjoying without GSX Editor which it is clearly it needs a lot of work. Of course, eventually I check the GSX Editor to see if it works as before August 18th.
So, let's enjoy with GSX as it is for now.

kmanning

Yep, it has to be something with GSX program not fine-tuned yet. I don't waste time to see further on the joystick settings and it may go worse and also to be in a dark place.
So, what about waiting for more FSDT Live updates later on? Maybe someday we get better fun, a Xmas gift (lol).
I do my flights enjoying without GSX Editor which it is clearly it needs a lot of work. Of course, eventually I check the GSX Editor to see if it works as before August 18th.

The spinning problem is not caused by GSX. I've disabled the TCA controller devices and the wild spinning stopped. Slew mode worked just fine. But when I enable the controllers, it all starts spinning wildly again all over the ramp in circles.

Ken.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 07:00:06 am by kmanning »

trisho0

The problem is not with GSX. I've disabled the TCA controller devices and the wild spinning stopped. Slew mode worked just fine. But when I enable the controllers, it all starts spinning wildly again all over the ramp in circles.

Ken.
I see ... but, what about editing jetways and bridges for the jetways?
I never had issues with spinning planes before. That's rare.
How do you disable the TCA?

kmanning

I see ... but, what about editing jetways and bridges for the jetways?
I never had issues with spinning planes before. That's rare.
How do you disable the TCA?

I really need to rephrase what I've said. What I should have said is that the spinning is not caused by GSX, but I guess you knew that's what I meant. You disable the controller by un-ckecking, or removing the check mark in the Enable Controllers menu in FSX or P3D. I understood you to say that you were not able to edit the Jetway or bridge because of the spinning. The only way I know is to stop the spinning by twisting the joystick's Z axis, as though you were using the rudder or for steering, or whatever it takes.

Ken.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 11:32:33 am by kmanning »

yurirodin

Disabling controllers in P3D and using FSUIPC to control your planes will solve your problem.

kmanning

Re: Does Anyone Know Why my Plane is Spinning Out of Control in Slew Mode in FSX?
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2022, 12:27:12 pm »
Disabling controllers in P3D and using FSUIPC to control your planes will solve your problem.

Does the same thing apply to FSX? The title subject is for FSX.

Ken.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 12:29:33 pm by kmanning »

yurirodin

Re: Does Anyone Know Why my Plane is Spinning Out of Control in Slew Mode in FSX?
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2022, 01:09:59 pm »
I believe it will.

trisho0

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2022, 04:42:19 pm »
Ken, disabling the FSX Controllers I can't do panning views. From keyboard the Spacer bar has no responses. Can you change Views?
Pat

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2022, 11:38:38 pm »
Ken, disabling the FSX Controllers I can't do panning views. From keyboard the Spacer bar has no responses. Can you change Views

You shouldn't disable a controller but, instead, remove its axes from SLEW MODE ( only! )

kmanning

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2022, 11:55:41 pm »
Hi, Umberto,

I cannot find any axis assigned to the slew mode, other than what I'm about to post. I was posting this when I got the warning that someone just posted and I need to re-post. So, you and I posted at the exact same time. Is this what you're referring to:

I think I've found the problem here with all the wild spinning and out of control aircraft after pressing the Y key. I no longer have the out of control spinning and wild rotation when I go into slew mode. Here's what I did to solve this problem:

On the left side under Controls, select Axis Assignments. At the top where it says Controller, select your TCA Throttle Quadrent. It should say TCA Q-Eng 1&2. Next to Flight Mode, select Slew. Scroll down and delete the assignments that are shown in the attached image:

This is what I did to solve this problem in FSX. Deleting these assignments stopped the spinning and the wild out of control movements. But I haven't tested the throttle to see if it still works as it should, so I'm not sure if deleting these assignments will affect this device. I've noticed in the axis assignment that the Create New assignment button is grayed out, at least in FSX, and I can't see how anyone would be able to create the new assignments that need to be assigned using the in sim menu, other than using FSUIPC. That just seems strange to me. If anyone wants to return the assignments, clicking the Reset Defaults button should replace the assignments. If this is not what you're referring to or is not the correct way, let me know so that I will take it down. I don't want to pass out information that's not correct.

Thanks for your input.

Ken.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 12:33:11 am by kmanning »