Author Topic: Anybody else having issue with Activation?  (Read 1491 times)

c2hawk

Anybody else having issue with Activation?
« on: September 02, 2022, 02:57:28 pm »
Hi all,

I'm not even able to activate the product I bought. I get an error in FSDT installer stating I'm using a legacy serial key. FSDT have confirmed that the serial is correct and working, but it does not work for me. They've even stopped answering my emails.

Have anybody else experienced something similar or have any idea what could case this? I've never had any similar issue earlier with any application.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Anybody else having issue with Activation?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 03:13:43 pm »
I'm not even able to activate the product I bought. I get an error in FSDT installer stating I'm using a legacy serial key. FSDT have confirmed that the serial is correct and working, but it does not work for me. They've even stopped answering my emails.

Nobody has "stopped" replying to your emails. We need to reply to other users emails too, so you'll turn will arrive after we processed all emails from users that still need to receive an answer, when you have been already answered multiple times.

As I confirmed, multiple times, your activation key is just fine, and I was even able to activate it on my system so, other than having a problem with some Windows libraries not updated, which should be fixed exactly as I told you multiple times by email ( installing the latest installer and restart Windows ), there's no reason why it shouldn't activate.

c2hawk

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 05:14:42 pm »
Allright, but no reply for 13 days is something I would consider a too long waiting time.

I did get reply in the earlier emails, with suggestions to uninstall, remove folder, restart windows, install software again and then try. That didn't work. The other advises were about being able to proper copy/paste text. I'm quite sure I'm able to both do that and to type correctly. I have a pretty freshly installed Windows 11, so if there is any settings/libraries or anything else that is required in other to activate the software, then please advise on this.

And to be clear. The fact that you state that the key is fine, does not really help me, when your software if giving me an error about the activation key. I can't understand how I should be the one to blame for that.

So please advise on these windows libraries not being updated (that was not mentioned in any email).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 05:44:54 pm »
As indicated in all my previous emails, there's no reason why any missing libraries wouldn't be updated after running the installer and restarting Windows. Although I don't personally use Windows 11, another FSDT developer does, and we don't have any reports about issues with Windows 11.

Out of thousands of users, I think your and possibly another user have this same problem of the installer saying you used a legacy key and, as I think I already explained to you, the one and only possible reason why the installer code will ever print the "using a legacy key", is if the code you typed didn't start with an A so, perhaps there's something peculiar in your keyboard or regional settings that, when an A is entered, is not really the standard A but, possibly, some alternate character from another alphabet ?

c2hawk

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2022, 08:22:40 am »
Hi again,

Changing Windows Language (with all included as keyboard, region etc.) to English (british) solved the matter. Very odd thing as I've never had to do this with any other software before and since my language (Norwegian) do include all english characters (+ 3 extra).

Hope this helps others in the future facing the same issue.

Torgeir Pedersen

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2022, 06:59:36 pm »
Thank you, you saved my day.   :)