Author Topic: Possible conflict with A Pilot's Life end PACX  (Read 951 times)

Mustag

Possible conflict with A Pilot's Life end PACX
« on: September 03, 2022, 05:10:29 pm »
For my scheduled flights I usually use A Pilot's Life 2 (Sim bit World) and PACX, which use FSUIPC7 to connect to MSFS2020. Since I have been using GSX PRO, they no longer work: APL2 flight start not detected; PACX: FSUIPC not detected (but active). Is it possible that there is a conflict between GSX PRO and FSUIPC7?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Possible conflict with A Pilot's Life end PACX
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2022, 05:18:14 pm »
GSX doesn't use or call or interacts with FSUIPC, it only makes direct Simconnect connections to the simulator, FSUIPC will make its own separate connection, so there shouldn't be any interference between them.

I'm not familiar with any of these products but, since you say one failed to detect flight start, it might be helpful to ask the developer how a flight start is detected by that program, so we might possibly have some idea of a possible conflict.

alexberry

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2022, 05:40:49 pm »
Hi, FWIW I have the same setup, A Pilot's Life 2 (Sim bit World), PACX and GSX Pro, and not had any issues.  FSUIPC seems to work without issues.

I do start FSUIPC manually before I launch the sim, rather than via the exe.xml, so maybe that's something to try if you've not already.

marcogagnor

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2022, 05:51:16 pm »
I use pacx and with me it works

Mustag

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2022, 10:45:39 pm »
Ok, I'll try..

Leontgiscombe

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2022, 01:15:31 pm »
GSX doesn't use or call or interacts with FSUIPC, it only makes direct Simconnect connections to the simulator, FSUIPC will make its own separate connection, so there shouldn't be any interference between them.

I'm not familiar with any of these products but, since you say one failed to detect flight start, it might be helpful to ask the developer how a flight start is detected by that program, so we might possibly have some idea of a possible conflict.

I too have seen issues with FSUIPC launching after installing GSX. I believe it is creating a conflict with the exe files which are launched. I think it is an asobo issue but isn’t helped by GSX as when I uninstall gsx my exe’s launch automatically. I find I have to launch msfs in admin mode for it to work 75% of the time

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2022, 02:56:19 pm »
There's a known bug in MSFS that prevents .EXE in the EXE.XML to not start automatically, for me it happens every time.