Author Topic: AIG Traffic Controller removes GSX vehicles when it's started  (Read 11126 times)

mmcmah

Re: AIG Traffic Controller removes GSX vehicles when it's started
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2022, 08:05:22 pm »
I had the object issue arise at an excluded airport. I will try again to check what object were created, but is there a reason that GSX would still be creating a lot of object at an airport that has been excluded?

cesarkambara

« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2022, 08:20:14 pm »
Same thing happens with FSLTL in large busy airports, like EGLL (inibuildS KSI (new) and others.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2022, 10:02:06 pm »
I had the object issue arise at an excluded airport. I will try again to check what object were created, but is there a reason that GSX would still be creating a lot of object at an airport that has been excluded?

GSX is not creating extra objects other then the ones servicing your airplane on an airport that has been excluded.

If there's an maximum object limit in the sim, using an AI injector together with GSX might be enough to reach it even without the added extra objects that comes with the Jetway replacement files.

Other than lowering the Passenger Density slider AND the maximum number of AI created, there's not much else to do.

ConstantineJin

« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2022, 08:01:54 pm »
It seems that both AIG and FSLTL may cause this problem, especially in a busy or highly-detailed airport, like EGLL & KLAX from inibuilds. I've tried three times continuously in these airports and the bug happens every time. (However the bug doesn't happen in aerosoft EBBR and EDDK up to now, which are much more detailed than the inibuilds ones) Switch the density of AI planes lower may help reduce the possibility of bugs. Anyway hope someone can locate the problem and find a solution.
Here's a method to help you know if the bug will happen during the flight: turn on the taxi route display, use in-game ATC to request for taxi, if the taxi route doesn't appear, then the bug (will) happens during the flight. Otherwise if you can see the taxi route than everything will be OK. Hope this can help you avoid seeing an empty airport when you land after hours of flight.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 08:03:52 pm by ConstantineJin »

m_j_lyons

« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2022, 12:23:33 am »
I can confirm that both AIG TC and FSLTL have the issue and I image FSHud if you run in maxed out.  The MSFS limit on object creation seems to be the culprit.  If you limit the amount of injected traffic you should be able to work around it. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2022, 02:40:04 pm »
Keep in mind that, with a recent update, we added an option in the GSX Config panel to download a more lightweight version of the Jetway replacement files, containing only Jetways and nothing else, which should reduce the number of objects, especially on big airports with lots of jetways. This only matters for default airports though.

If you are still hitting the maximum number of objects limit on a 3rd party airport you should already have Disabled from GSX Config panel, then the only option is to reduce AI traffic and, in GSX, reduce the Passenger Density slider.

Jean-claude

« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2022, 08:28:17 am »
In order to eliminate this problem and still use your excellent software, would there be a way to select only the services we want to use, which would be in my case: (1) Pushback, (2) VGDS?

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2022, 11:08:25 am »
In order to eliminate this problem and still use your excellent software, would there be a way to select only the services we want to use, which would be in my case: (1) Pushback, (2) VGDS?

If you don't call other services, like Boarding/Deboarding, GSX will just create the Pushback Truck, the Baggage Loaders (one or two depending on the airplane config) and the baggage carts.

That's a very minimal amount of extra object and, in addition to that, when they are created, the default Ground vehicles of the same kind would be removed at the same time, so it's not as if many objects were added. The service that causes the most extra objects are, of course, Boarding/Deboarding, especially with an higher Passenger Density Slider, since you'll see both passengers and bags at the same time.

This means, if you are already THAT close to having too many objects with Traffic Injection, that JUST 5-6 extra GSX objects would already hit the limit, your AI settings were just too high already, since it might have been enough moving to a slightly more complex airport, and objects would start to disappear even without even calling GSX.

Jean-claude

« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2022, 06:41:54 pm »
Thank you Umberto. I will try that tomorrow, using only pushback, VGDS and my AI traffic as usual (maximum) and see what the results are. I have been using MSFS for the past month without GSX, but maximum AI traffic with AIG and NEVER had once a vanished destination airport, using heavy airports like your excellent KORD, FT KBOS, ZSPD, ZBAA, EDDF, LFPG, KJFK, KLAX, and many others, so I'm nowhere near the limit (I think) and hope your clarification and my restricting to these only two services should do the trick.