Author Topic: Hand signal from the left?  (Read 1341 times)

disco79stu

Hand signal from the left?
« on: September 10, 2022, 11:19:27 am »
Hi,
so when I get pushed back nose right, I still always get the hand signal on the right side with the agent then walking across my path from right to left, back to the terminal.
I remember this being not the case in P3D, where they would stand/wave from the terminal side…. Is this a limitation in GSX Pro?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Hand signal from the left?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2022, 03:15:00 pm »
There's no difference whatsoever in the pushback procedure between GSX in P3D or MSFS, the running code is exactly the same.

Copper

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2022, 03:51:33 pm »
I remember this being not the case in P3D, where they would stand/wave from the terminal side…. Is this a limitation in GSX Pro?
That's at least how it's supposed to be. Noone knows why GSX always puts it to the wrong side.

I usually don't wait for him to cross the taxiway since it is totally wrong and I just start taxiing. GSX will complain because I released the parking brake but then will just despawn the wingwalker (which by far too early says "left is clear right is clear" while him/herself standing beneath the aircraft).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2022, 03:56:37 pm »
That's at least how it's supposed to be. Noone knows why GSX always puts it to the wrong side.

Regardless of the side, it's the same as P3D, because nowhere in the GSX code there has ever been any knowledge of which is the "right" side and which is the "wrong" side, it's controlled only by the path taken of the walker, which is offset from the pushback point on a side that depends on the airport.

We never had any right/wrong logic before, it must be added.

disco79stu

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2022, 11:40:44 am »
Still, it seem like the marshaller is always giving the hand signal from the opposide side he came from and where the plane was pushed back from. On my tries, he seems to always has to cross the plane‘s path when walking back, no matter which direction the plane is oushed.

SK10

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2022, 04:38:32 pm »
The procedure is wrong in genaral, the ramp agent always crosses the taxiway, which is not the case in reality. They are always on the ramp side of the aircraft, at least I have never seen it in my pilot life.