Author Topic: "Cockpit to ground"  (Read 1915 times)

disco79stu

"Cockpit to ground"
« on: September 10, 2022, 01:28:05 am »
HI,
I notice a sound playing "Cockpit to ground - We have a good engine start - You can disconnect" after the engines are started.
Is this coming from GSX?

JTaylor801

Re: "Cockpit to ground"
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2022, 02:59:23 am »
Yes it is.
COO American Virtual Airlines
https://americanva.net/

disco79stu

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2022, 11:16:05 am »
Hm, okay.
It‘s a little strange because it sometimes plays when pushback isn‘t even finished yet….

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2022, 03:15:52 pm »
The sound plays only at the end of the pushback route.

disco79stu

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2022, 04:34:44 pm »
Okay I see. Will it recognizebif the engines are even running or will it just play no matter what?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2022, 04:44:38 pm »
Okay I see. Will it recognizebif the engines are even running or will it just play no matter what?

Of course it will recognize the engines, if they are still off when the pushback ends, the menu will have a different N.1 option which will read "Engines not started, call you back later"

disco79stu

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2022, 08:40:52 pm »
okay, sorry, I have to come back to this.

I find this sound kinda annoying and misplaced. why is that even there?
there are no other cockpit-to-ground communications played, like "parking brake set" etc.... so it'S very strange to have this particular one in there.
furthermore, it does not watch the engines, I pushed back with only one running and he still said it was a good engine start...
can I delete that sound somehow?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2022, 02:01:29 pm »
I find this sound kinda annoying and misplaced. why is that even there?
there are no other cockpit-to-ground communications played, like "parking brake set" etc.... so it'S very strange to have this particular one in there.

The sound is not misplaced, and it's played at the correct time. We might add *other* cockpit to ground sound in the future, surely not remove that one.

furthermore, it does not watch the engines, I pushed back with only one running and he still said it was a good engine start...

It's entirely correct it will say that with just one engine running, because the whole point of that question is that, before disconnecting the tug, the pushback crew wants to be sure you'll be able to go back to the gate if you have a problem, which becomes an airport problem if they have an airplane stuck on a taxiway with both engines dead which might require to be towed back to the gate to fix the problem.

With at least one engine running, you can go back to the gate on your own so, even if GSX doesn't have a pull function now, it will have one in the future, so if your engines are both dead, it would then ask you to be pulled back to the gate.

disco79stu

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2022, 10:35:16 pm »
okay, I can see that.
understood, thanks for explaining.
br