Author Topic: Sounds in VR - System's Default Device Setting  (Read 940 times)

fearlessfrog

Sounds in VR - System's Default Device Setting
« on: September 09, 2022, 08:51:57 pm »
When using GSX Pro in VR, I am finding that the Push Tug voices are still using my desktop headphones. Other GSX sounds come through in VR just fine, but I can't hear the tug instructions voices. It seems like there is no 'System's Default Device' selection in GSX Audio settings, like in MSFS, where the sounds will switch automatically depending on if using VR or 2D.

I think this is more a feature request, as currently the workaround is to select the sound output devices manually. If the VR device isn't started at the time GSX is started then the sound devices for it aren't listed though, meaning I often get to the Push Tug step and then have to restart GSX from the 2D desktop and manually change sound device.

Is there a way for GSX to use 'System Default Device' for sound in the future perhaps to avoid this situation, but then still leave the manual selection for others that want that?

Thanks!

jfo11

Re: Sounds in VR - System's Default Device Setting
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2022, 09:45:41 pm »
+1
Same issue with me,please fix it

kero

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2022, 11:11:09 pm »
Same problem for me in VR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2022, 03:33:05 pm »
The issue is not really letting you use the "System Default Device" because, even if the option was there, the way it works now, it would just use the device which was Default when the program started, but it won't switch automatically.

So, the real issue is allowing the program to dynamically switch audio device, which might not be so quick to fix, considering right now it requires a restart.

vonduck1

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2022, 04:45:19 am »
Oh thats too bad! I was really hoping for a simple fix to this.... ive ended up holding my headphones up just to hear the tug driver etc...

Not really a great solution but works...

Hopefully the devs will rectify this issue