Author Topic: Jetway - connecting to various doors  (Read 2741 times)

Hanse

• Beta tester
Jetway - connecting to various doors
« on: September 09, 2022, 05:31:48 pm »
I created a myself an airplane configuration (see attachment) for a new wide body plane with two left front doors. Unfortunately the jetway only connects to exit 1 even that I set the priority (using F2) to exit 2. Looking in to the gsx.cfg file I recognized that "preferredexit =  3" e.g. it is set to exit 3 even that I did not define this emergency exit and that between "=" and "3" there are two "spaces" insted of one like normally. The only way I found out to attach the jetway to exit 2 is if I set this jetway in the flight_model.cfg file and section [INTERACTIVE POINTS]  to interactive_point.0.

I therefore have the following questions:
1. What do I have to do in GSX so that the jetway connects to exit 2?
2. If there is no preferred exit set "preferredexit =  0", am I coorect that in the P3D version a sub-menu popped up asking to which door the jetway should be connected. Is there also such an option in the MSFS version available and what do I have to do for this option to be available.

Regards,
Rolf       

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetway - connecting to various doors
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2022, 05:17:24 pm »
GSX doesn't have any control where the jetway goes, that was only possible in P3D, where jetways are controlled by SODE.

In MSFS, there's no SODE, and jetways use the default animation system of the simulator, that doesn't know anything about your customizations in GSX, so jetways dock on the first door they find, and nothing you do in GSX will affect that, because it's the simulator itself that decides where to dock the jetway, and add-ons can't ask to dock to a different door.

Hanse

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2022, 05:39:28 pm »
Umberto,

thanks for the explanation. But this means that the GSX-functionality to select a preferred exit e. g. using F2, is just a "dummy" and has no behind functionality in MSFS. Maybe you should add this to your manual.

Regards,
Rolf   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2022, 05:49:18 pm »
thanks for the explanation. But this means that the GSX-functionality to select a preferred exit e. g. using F2, is just a "dummy" and has no behind functionality in MSFS. Maybe you should add this to your manual.

Not exactly, is still useful, because as explained in the "Understanding the Stop position" chapter, it has an effect where the GSX will decide to have the parking system ( Marshaller or Docking System ) ask to STOP the airplane, according to the Stop position in the GSX custom profile, because it will try to place the airplane to have its Preferred Exit aligned with the Stop position. Or, the same is when you use the Repositon of the Warp me feature to position the airplane, the Preferred Exit will affect this.

What GSX can't do is control if the Preferred Exit will be used by the jetway, because the jetway will go where it can, which doesn't necessarily mean the Preferred Exit ( which is a concept the simulator doesn't have ) but MAYBE, having the airplane guided by GSX to be parked in a different Stop position because of the Preferred Exit, might result in that exit to be used, perhaps if from that position it was the only door that worked. Not sure what will happen if both doors can solve the jetways, I guess it will use the first one.

Hanse

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2022, 01:31:09 pm »
Thanks for the explanation. But what I recognized is that I am not able to set EXIT2 (F2) to the preferred exit. If I use F2 when customizing the airplane and exit 2, it always sets it to "3" e.g. = Exit 4 which is the next exit because I do not use Exit 3 "remove = 1". Are there any limitations to set a preferred exit?   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2022, 02:43:20 pm »
The preferred exit must exists, and it must be a passenger door.

Hanse

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2022, 02:50:59 pm »
The Exit 2 exists in the gsx.cfg file as well as in the flight_model.cfg. So what else could be the reason?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2022, 02:53:54 pm »
The Exit 2 exists in the gsx.cfg file as well as in the flight_model.cfg. So what else could be the reason?

Do you have an Exit 1 as well ?

Hanse

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2022, 04:29:48 pm »
Yes......

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2022, 04:33:02 pm »
I don't know what to say, I tried it right now, using the default A320 which has only Exit 1 and Exit 4, and I can press F2 on Exit 4, it becomes blue, select Exit 1 again, press F2, and it goes blue again.

Hanse

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2022, 05:19:08 pm »
OK, maybe the problem is that it is a "new" plane with Exit 1 and Exit 2. It works the same as you described e.g. between Exit 1 and Exit 4, but unfortunately not with Exit 2. I will come back to this subject when the plane is ready for relaease.

By the way what about "automatic" repositioning of the airplane when loading GSX? Please see http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26798.msg178515/topicseen.html#msg178515 

Hanse

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2022, 12:49:09 pm »
I just tried it with the standard Asobo B787 e.g. setting Exit 2 (using F2) to the preferred exit. When I pushed F2, the door in the display changed to "blue". But looking into the GSX.cfg file it stated that exit 3 now is the preferred one and this was confirmed after restarting the Coutl engine. Please have a look again into this.