Author Topic: Menu opening briefly then disappearing  (Read 4140 times)

FilbertFlies

• FilbertFlies
Menu opening briefly then disappearing
« on: September 09, 2022, 02:47:45 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I have a problem whereby opening the GSX menu results in it showing the loading spinner and then closing again almost immediately. This usually happens after arriving on stand. I get marshalled in fine but then am unable to access any ground services. Sometimes restarting Couatl helps, usually it doesn't.

I have tried doing a full uninstall and reinstall, including uninstalling the FSDT installer, deleting the Addon Manager folder and checking for any PackagesCache (I haven't had one). I've then reinstalled the FSDT installer, reinstalled GSX (which appeared to download the large zips normally) and then installed the latest offline installer (most recently the one from 7th September) over the top.

This issue has happened at every airport I've visited. I've attached my latest log and the config file for Naples, where I just arrived (although, as I say, this happens everywhere). You can see a video showing what's happening here: https://youtu.be/igHxs2CFDW0

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Alexis

FilbertFlies

• FilbertFlies
Re: Menu opening briefly then disappearing
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2022, 07:03:36 pm »
Just bumping this up as it appears to have been missed.

HELP PLS

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2022, 07:43:45 pm »
The same this was happening to me, make sure you have a symbolic link with the msfs folder in addon manager and with the packages folder
im also a fan love ur content

FilbertFlies

• FilbertFlies
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2022, 08:15:33 pm »
make sure you have a symbolic link with the msfs folder in addon manager and with the packages folder

Thanks, I do. This is something that caused me problems before so I checked it early on. Whatever's causing this is some fresh and exciting new bug! Glad you like my content  :)

WyEastJuju

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2022, 02:18:08 am »
Have been getting this issue after every flight during turn around since reinstalling GSX last night.

FilbertFlies

• FilbertFlies
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2022, 11:21:16 am »
Updated this morning using the FSDT installer. Still happening:

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2022, 01:26:42 pm »
Updated this morning using the FSDT installer. Still happening:

Do you possibly have some kind of device ( or possibly another add-on ) that sends keypresses continuously ? We found this can cause the menu to close that way and we already have a fix in the works, which we can't release right now, because we have some major changes to the menu we are working on.

However, you can test if this is the case by editing line 64 of this file:

Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsx-pro\html_ui\InGamePanels\FSDT_GSX_Panel\FSDT_GSX_Panel.js

Change line 64 from this:

if( ( choice < this.nEntries - 1 ) && ( choice != -1 ) )

into this:

if( ( choice < this.nEntries - 1 ) && ( choice >= 0 ) )

Restart the sim, and see if it's fixed.

FilbertFlies

• FilbertFlies
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2022, 05:46:07 pm »
I don't think I have anything that sends continuous keypresses, but I'll give this FSDT_GSX_Panel.js change a try and get back to you.

FilbertFlies

• FilbertFlies
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2022, 11:07:29 am »
I've just got back from holiday and have finally had a chance to try the change you suggested, and sadly it hasn't helped. Any other ideas?

FilbertFlies

• FilbertFlies
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2022, 11:23:23 am »
I've just updated through Live Update and got a couatl crash, followed by the same issue with the menu opening and then disappearing after a couatl restart. Log attached in case it offers any clues.

FilbertFlies

• FilbertFlies
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2022, 11:40:12 am »
And I've just spotted this in the console. I don't know if this is related, but the occurrences of the "Attempting to call FuelSystem simvar...." keep increasing into the tens of thousands.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2022, 11:47:03 am »
I've just updated through Live Update and got a couatl crash, followed by the same issue with the menu opening and then disappearing after a couatl restart. Log attached in case it offers any clues.

Yes, the log shows you called GSX while it was still rebuilding the airport cache. The error has already been fixed for the next update but, in the meantime, be sure the cache is ready before you call GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2022, 11:53:57 am »
And I've just spotted this in the console. I don't know if this is related, but the occurrences of the "Attempting to call FuelSystem simvar...." keep increasing into the tens of thousands.

It might have been useful if you posted the console log without resizing it, because it's very hard to read it, and if you clicked the small arrow to show the details. I don't think's it's related to GSX, because it says something about the "FuelSystem SimVar", and nowhere in our code we call any of the "FUELSYSTEM" variables.

FilbertFlies

• FilbertFlies
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2022, 12:10:20 pm »
It might have been useful if you posted the console log without resizing it, because it's very hard to read it

The forum would not accept the image at its original size - upping the maximum file size would be very helpful for this sort of thing.
The text reads "Attempting to call FuelSystem simvar on a plane which doesn't use the modular FuelSystem"

Yes, the log shows you called GSX while it was still rebuilding the airport cache. The error has already been fixed for the next update but, in the meantime, be sure the cache is ready before you call GSX.

Ah okay. This is not relevant to my issue then. What else can we try to stop the menu popping up and then immediately disappearing again after I park up, so that I can deboard passengers at the end of the flight?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 12:20:56 pm by FilbertFlies »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2022, 12:22:41 pm »
The forum would not accept the image at its original size - upping the maximum file size would be very helpful for this sort of thing.

The limit is 4MB per attachment, I'm sure if you use .jpeg, even 4K screenshots should fit in that size.

What else can we try to stop the menu popping up and then immediately disappearing again after I park up, so that I can deboard passengers at the end of the flight?

The fix I posted should prevent the menu to be closed by other add-ons or some hardware to send keys other than the numbers 0-9 to confuse the menu system, but if either an hardware or another add-on is sending key from 0 to 9, how GSX can possibly know it's you or something else pressing the keys it expects to be pressed ?

Of course, that's just a theory, if you sent another log after you made the fix I suggested, I might be able to confirm it.