Author Topic: GSX pro fuel track not connecting and like issues  (Read 2186 times)

KuttyKanna

GSX pro fuel track not connecting and like issues
« on: September 08, 2022, 10:37:25 am »
I have recently installed GSX pro and PMDG 737-800. From the day one, Gsx gpu is not energizing PMDG aircraft by not connecting with 737-800. Further, fuel track is not loading required quantity of fuel and also do not connect with the aircraft. Similar, issues are observed with baggage loader. Baggage is loading but the cargo is not loaded as seen from FMS data in ground services menu. In FMS except boarding start (in green) menu, I could not use PMDG fms to connect gsx ground services utility vehicles such as fuel truck, gpu, baggage loader, etc. In some other forum, it has been suggested to modify the entry as "B738" instead of "B737" in icao aircraft designator to use gsx services. Though I done it, gsx behaves similarly.

In addition to the above, I would like to add following
But that doesn't solve my issues. I am using PC running on Nvidia 1050Ti, 32 GB RAM etc. I would dive deep into the issue, so that I could start using even GSX GPU, Fuel Truck etc. My issue is that fuel truck is not connecting loading to be reflected in the FMS ground services similar data. Similarly, baggage and cargo, though loaded by GSX baggage loader, weights of which is not reflected in PMDG FMS data. When boarding is called in GSX, FMS ground services menu relating to boarding start turns green once jetway or stairs are connected. However, fuel truck arrives but do not attempt at connecting with aircraft and fuel loading menu in FMS do not show connecting nor start fueling turns into green. Such is the case for baggage loader, though connected and baggage moves without Start in FMS ground services turning into green. and loaded weight is not reflected in the FMS or aircraft data. I edited aircraft.cfg file to change ICAO aircraft designator from "B737" to "B738". After this change only, I could board pax and get it reflected in the FMS ground boarding services. Other services could not be undertaken as stated above. Guys please suggest a viable solution
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 09:02:32 am by KuttyKanna »
thiyagu

bcm652

Re: GSX pro fuel track not connecting and like issues
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2022, 05:19:07 pm »
I think GSX works that way with all third party aircraft, I know it works that way for me but works fine for my default FSX aircraft.

KuttyKanna

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2022, 09:01:48 am »
Thanks for your reply. But that doesn't solve my issues. I am using PC running on Nvidia 1050Ti, 32 GB RAM etc. I would dive deep into the issue, so that I could start using even GSX GPU, Fuel Truck etc. My issue is that fuel truck is not connecting loading to be reflected in the FMS ground services similar data. Similarly, baggage and cargo, though loaded by GSX baggage loader, weights of which is not reflected in PMDG FMS data. When boarding is called in GSX, FMS ground services menu relating to boarding start turns green once jetway or stairs are connected. However, fuel truck arrives but do not attempt at connecting with aircraft and fuel loading menu in FMS do not show connecting nor start fueling turns into green. Such is the case for baggage loader, though connected and baggage moves without Start in FMS ground services turning into green. and loaded weight is not reflected in the FMS or aircraft data. I edited aircraft.cfg file to change ICAO aircraft designator from "B737" to "B738". After this change only, I could board pax and get it reflected in the FMS ground boarding services. Other services could not be undertaken as stated above. Guys please suggest a viable solution
thiyagu

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2022, 11:50:45 am »
There isn't a single issue of the one you reported which is a GSX problem or something that needs fixing:

- The GSX GPU can't charge the airplane, regardless if it has a standard or a custom electric system. It can't charge planes with a standard electric system, because opposite to FSX/P3D, the variables that control battery voltage are not writable by add-ons, and it can't charge planes with a custom electric system, unless the airplane developer adds a specific integration with GSX.

- 3rd party airplanes  flagged to use a custom fuel system, are NOT refueled by GSX, they refuel themselves and GSX only adapts its animation to what the airplane is doing.

- Same for passenger/cargo loading, they never affected the airplane weight, unless the airplane developer coded something specific to react to the GSX loading system and adapt the plane weight accordingly.

- The only fuel vehicles that have a crew animation with connecting cables are the ones with a raised platform, which can't be used on planes with the refueling point lower than 3.40 from ground. We HAVE confirmed, multiple times, new vehicles will come in an upcoming update, so it will possible to see the whole animation even with such planes.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 03:18:28 pm by virtuali »

KuttyKanna

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2022, 06:22:42 am »
Hi Pal,
Thanks for your detailed reply. That clarifies all issues faced by me. However, FSdreamTeam has to find a workaround to resolve this issues and work with 3rd party developer during development. Mostly this is encountered with a paid version of 3rd party developer.

GSX pro must be developed to support third party airplanes, scenery and airports etc. FSDreamTeam please look into this.
thiyagu

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2022, 03:21:17 pm »
GSX pro must be developed to support third party airplanes, scenery and airports etc. FSDreamTeam please look into this.

GSX is already fully developed to allow 3rd party developers to integrate with it, just check the manual at Pages 61-64, there's an "Interfacing with GSX" chapter which indicates many ways other developers can interface with GSX, but it's really up to them to do it.