Author Topic: Very few passengers boarded.  (Read 1550 times)

tom767

Very few passengers boarded.
« on: September 06, 2022, 07:07:19 pm »
Lately I have strange numer of passengers, despite of linking with simbrief. F. ex. should be 160 pax according to simbrief - 9 boaraded by GSX. Could anybody help, please?

moxiejeff

Re: Very few passengers boarded.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 01:37:41 am »
Your ICAO code has to be exactly what is in Simbrief or else I've noticed it doesn't work well. For ex, if you're in B737-800 (PMDG), their aircraft file (in the folder of the plane) has B737-800 as the ID. Simbrief however, uses B738. There's a post somewhere in this thread on how to fix it.

Umberto - I'm getting a different issue lately. Says boarding now and even boarding complete, but I don't see any passengers.

Is this an issue in my log "notice the MSFS timeout" ?

PMDG LSK 3
MacroStep 608 1
PMDG LSK 1
MacroStep 606 1
emulateText_MSFS [GSX] 10/157 passengers boarded 1.0
emulateText_MSFS [GSX] 70/157 passengers boarded 1.0
emulateText_MSFS [GSX] 130/157 passengers boarded 1.0
emulateText_MSFS [GSX] 157/157 passengers boarded 1.0
emulateMenu_MSFS
emulateMenu_MSFS TIMEOUT 30
emulateText_MSFS [GSX] Baggage loading progress 17% 3.0
emulateText_MSFS [GSX] Baggage loading progress 33% 3.0
emulateText_MSFS [GSX] Baggage loading progress 50% 3.0
emulateText_MSFS [GSX] Baggage loading progress 67% 3.0
emulateText_MSFS [GSX] Baggage loading progress 83% 3.0
emulateText_MSFS [GSX] Baggage loading progress 100% 3.0
emulateText_MSFS [GSX] Boarding completed 2.0
emulateMenu_MSFS CHOICE -3
channel.balance =  -1

dixdetension

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 09:00:02 am »
Could someone tell where is the ini file to modify? Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2022, 09:03:32 am »
Umberto - I'm getting a different issue lately. Says boarding now and even boarding complete, but I don't see any passengers.

As explained so many times already, in order for passengers to be seen, if there's a jetway:

- The jetway must have been detected by GSX and must have docked.

- In order to be detected, if you are on a 3rd party airport, you MUST Disable it with the GSX Config panel, because the jetway replacement files are only meant to be used to replace jetways on default airports, otherwise jetways won't work and won't be detected.

- Assuming the jetway is detected, it must dock to the airplane.

If none of these conditions are satisfied, the passenger boarding will be simulated, going faster with no visible passengers.

tom767

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2022, 12:34:20 pm »
After several attempts, the only working 738 aircraft.cfg  should look like this:

[General]
atc_type="BOEING"
atc_model="B737"
Category = "airplane"
icao_type_designator="B738"
icao_manufacturer="Boeing"
icao_model="B738"

and finally simbrief integration works. Any other combination in my opinion doesn't.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2022, 12:38:16 pm »

icao_type_designator="B738"

and finally simbrief integration works. Any other combination in my opinion doesn't

Of course it works, the icao_type_designator is the only parameter which was wrong in the aircraft.cfg, and the only one we ever suggested to fix.

moxiejeff

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2022, 11:30:55 pm »

As explained so many times already, in order for passengers to be seen, if there's a jetway:

- The jetway must have been detected by GSX and must have docked.

- In order to be detected, if you are on a 3rd party airport, you MUST Disable it with the GSX Config panel, because the jetway replacement files are only meant to be used to replace jetways on default airports, otherwise jetways won't work and won't be detected.

- Assuming the jetway is detected, it must dock to the airplane.

If none of these conditions are satisfied, the passenger boarding will be simulated, going faster with no visible passengers.

And, as mentioned a billion times, you don't have to respond to your customers rudely. Let's face it, this launch has NOT gone smoothly, God forbid we ask why passengers aren't loading even though it says they are.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2022, 12:03:16 am »
And, as mentioned a billion times, you don't have to respond to your customers rudely. Let's face it, this launch has NOT gone smoothly, God forbid we ask why passengers aren't loading even though it says they are.

Do you find any of my explanations to be factually inaccurate ? What this has anything to do with the launch supposedly not gone "smoothly" ? It's gone even too smoothly, considering the sales, which were weren't prepared for.

So, if you have a something to report that doesn't match what I said before, make a proper report, with reproductions steps, and if there is a problem on our side, it would be obviously fixed, like the release notes with daily updates testify.

moxiejeff

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2022, 12:23:14 am »
My response didn't mention a single thing about it being factual. It's your unnecessary tone in your responses, which you know full well since I am by no means the only person who has said this.

The issue is quite simple -- everything loads, obviously the jetway is connected to my airplane, and I even hear footsteps for a brief minute, then it stops, and no passengers are visible. My simbrief times were accurate. This has happened at KORD and has happened at KCLT (KCLT is 3rd party and it's already excluded in config).

At this point, I'm passed the issue as I just don't have the want to figure out which version of GSX I have today and which offline installer vs live update worked or didn't work.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 12:25:48 am by moxiejeff »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2022, 01:32:26 pm »
My response didn't mention a single thing about it being factual. It's your unnecessary tone in your responses, which you know full well since I am by no means the only person who has said this.

Of course you mentioned factual qualities, by saying "Let's face it, this launch has NOT gone smoothly", you are making a comment over the objective and technical quality of the program, which doesn't obviously have any relationship to your statement you are repeating here about by "unnecessary tone".

The issue is quite simple -- everything loads, obviously the jetway is connected to my airplane, and I even hear footsteps for a brief minute, then it stops, and no passengers are visible. My simbrief times were accurate. This has happened at KORD and has happened at KCLT (KCLT is 3rd party and it's already excluded in config).

Do you remember the passenger number ?