Author Topic: AI traffic is showing after GSX Pro installation  (Read 1518 times)

ow1962

AI traffic is showing after GSX Pro installation
« on: September 06, 2022, 06:13:49 pm »
Hello ever since I installed GSX pro, I have AI traffic which is a real problem with vatsim.

All AI traffic settings are off and vatsim airplanes operate normally.

Uninstalling GSX pro fixes the problem.  Is there a hidden setting?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AI traffic is showing after GSX Pro installation
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2022, 06:15:47 pm »
GSX doesn't change any of the MSFS settings (I don't even know if it's possible from another program), and surely doesn't disable AI airplanes.

What happens when GSX is installed, is that replacement files for all default airports are installed to do the jetways replacement. These files includes parking/jetways only but, if you don't Disable all 3rd party airports in the GSX Config panel, using the "Disable 3rd party" button, you'll have conflicting/double parking spots, which in addition to prevent jetways to work, will likely cause issues with AI at those airports, because the replacement .BGLs are only meant to be used with default airports.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 06:18:41 pm by virtuali »

ow1962

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2022, 05:19:22 pm »
this is a bit weird.  if i deactivate GSX pro i dont have the problem. If i activate GSX, empty parking spots are filled. I have 3rd party disabled. This occurs with vatsim running

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2022, 12:09:12 pm »
this is a bit weird.  if i deactivate GSX pro i dont have the problem. If i activate GSX, empty parking spots are filled. I have 3rd party disabled. This occurs with vatsim running

Are you using AIG maybe ? As you can see in this thread, it has been found the problem is not GSX:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,27609.msg181368.html#msg181368

ow1962

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2022, 05:32:54 pm »
I found the problem - for some reason when I install GSX it set the ground aircraft setting to the MSFS default instead of 0. 
FYI i do use AIG no issues with GSX and all is back to normal. Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2022, 09:40:45 am »
I found the problem - for some reason when I install GSX it set the ground aircraft setting to the MSFS default instead of 0. 

I can only repeat and confirm neither GSX or its Installer won't touch any of the MSFS settings.