Author Topic: pax not following BGL jetways on board and deboard  (Read 1380 times)

thedutchguy1992

pax not following BGL jetways on board and deboard
« on: September 05, 2022, 10:14:09 pm »
Subject describes the problem i'm facing. it happens at default eham (msfs deluxe edition). Possible cause i see is that i'm reffering to the wrong afcad in the INI. but where to find the deluxe eham afcad? Any help would be appreciated. Love the addon but this is killing immersion for me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: pax not following BGL jetways on board and deboard
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2022, 11:10:46 pm »
Possible cause i see is that i'm reffering to the wrong afcad in the INI. but where to find the deluxe eham afcad?

For the same reason you can't find it, GSX can't read it, because handcrafted airports belonging to the Deluxe/Premium are encrypted in a special file, so you can't find them and GSX can't used them.

Since GSX can't use them, it will take jetway data from the default airport and, depending on the airport, sometimes it might work, but if the Premium airport have gates with different positions/names/placement, GSX won't be able to find jetways as they are in the encrypted scenery, so passengers will walk in the wrong path.

This can only be really solved after SU10 will came out, which will include a new API to read airport data from Simconnect instead from the airport files, assuming it will include data about Jetways ( the current Beta we are working with now doesn't ), which we requested to be included since SU10 Beta started.

thedutchguy1992

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2022, 12:46:15 am »
hmm that's a bummer. Is there any way i can make pax invisible on certain gates? That would help. I know your just working with what msfs provides you but you can probably understand that this, for me at least, makes your add-on unusable.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2022, 12:50:17 am »
hmm that's a bummer. Is there any way i can make pax invisible on certain gates?

Say in GSX the gate doesn't have a jetway, so they use stairs.

you can probably understand that this, for me at least, makes your add-on unusable.

It's hardly "unusable", since you can use it with about 24000 default airports that are not encrypted, and with 100% of the 3rd party airports that are sold outside the Marketplace.

For 3rd party airports which are sold in the Marketplace, we already have a temporary solution to ask the developer to give you a drm-free version of just the airport file, but there's not much we can do for the encrypted airports made by Microsoft, other than wait for the SU10 API, which we are already working on to integrate in GSX.

thedutchguy1992

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2022, 02:05:35 am »

It's hardly "unusable", since you can use it with about 24000 default airports that are not encrypted, and with 100% of the 3rd party airports that are sold outside the Marketplace.

For 3rd party airports which are sold in the Marketplace, we already have a temporary solution to ask the developer to give you a drm-free version of just the airport file, but there's not much we can do for the encrypted airports made by Microsoft, other than wait for the SU10 API, which we are already working on to integrate in GSX.

ok i'll refrase my original statement. It's unusable at my homebase. Fingers crossed SU10 will fix the problems.

DaBeLG

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2022, 07:31:57 pm »
Quote from: DaBeLG on September 01, 2022, 03:27:55 pm
thnx for the quick responce maybe make feature request so gsx pro customers can vote just an idea

The Asobo Devs forum is open to registrations, so everybody can sign up and Vote the Idea:

https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/users/register.html

This is the link to vote for it:

https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/idea/10563/simconnect-addtofacilitydefinition-missing-definit.html