Author Topic: Doors with Prosim 737 FM  (Read 753 times)

Ursli80

Doors with Prosim 737 FM
« on: April 04, 2023, 01:27:19 pm »
Hi everyone,

i just bought a new GSX Pro. 

Today I configured the airplane Prosim 737 model 2.03. 
However, GSX Pro cannot detect the door status correctly for some reason.  Although the doors can be opened and closed, the gate or the stairs do not approach. 
They're waiting for me to open the doors.

What did you miss?

Best regards
Urs
Translator
MSFS2020
Prosim737

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Doors with Prosim 737 FM
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2023, 02:25:18 pm »
Reading the manual at Pages 59-60, where the airplane door configuration is explained would be a good start to know what the issue might be. In case the airplane uses custom variables to control doors, you will have to set a custom XML expression to check their state, so the relevant paragraph in the manual would be in this case the "Airplane using Custom Variables for doors" at Page 60.

Of course, the next step would be knowing which variables are assigned to each door, so it might be probably easier to ask the developers.

Also, I see there is an official GSX profile here:

https://wiki.prosim-ar.com/index.php/Visual_Flight_Model#Ground_Services_X

It's seems to be included in the P3D version but, chances are the variables haven't changed, so you might just have a look at it, and copy the XML expression to your configuration. If the visual model is the same (same reference point and sizes), I guess you can just use the profile as it is.

Ursli80

Re: Doors with Prosim 737 FM
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2023, 02:51:47 pm »
Reading the manual at Pages 59-60, where the airplane door configuration is explained would be a good start to know what the issue might be. In case the airplane uses custom variables to control doors, you will have to set a custom XML expression to check their state, so the relevant paragraph in the manual would be in this case the "Airplane using Custom Variables for doors" at Page 60.

Of course, the next step would be knowing which variables are assigned to each door, so it might be probably easier to ask the developers.

Also, I see there is an official GSX profile here:

https://wiki.prosim-ar.com/index.php/Visual_Flight_Model#Ground_Services_X

It's seems to be included in the P3D version but, chances are the variables haven't changed, so you might just have a look at it, and copy the XML expression to your configuration. If the visual model is the same (same reference point and sizes), I guess you can just use the profile as it is.

Hello Virtuali,

I have to admit that I saw the manual.  But unfortunately I can't speak English. I have a gsx profile for the flight and inserted it in the right place. I have to take a closer look at the XML. 

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards
Urs
Translator
MSFS2020
Prosim737