Author Topic: Still problems with the path of the custom GSX profiles from flightsim.to  (Read 1035 times)

Hor1463

Can you please show me how the path have to look exactly when I would like to use these custom GSX Profiles.
Roland

fcmusician

Re: Still problems with the path of the custom GSX profiles from flightsim.to
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2022, 04:26:47 pm »
Can you please show me how the path have to look exactly when I would like to use these custom GSX Profiles.
Roland

C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\virtuali\Airplanes
Frank B^)

Hor1463

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2022, 04:31:18 pm »
I mean this bgl files

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2022, 04:32:12 pm »
As explained in the GSX manual, Page 46:

The name of the .BGL used to customize the scenery is listed in the [GENERAL] section of the GSX .INI profile. It will include the complete path valid for your system but, don’t worry, there’s no need to edit it out before sharing your work, since GSX will only use the .BGL filename, and will ignore the full path altogether, it has been designed like this exactly to facilitate sharing of GSX .INI profiles without worrying about different paths. As long the currently active .BGL matches the name referenced in the .INI file, the .INI will be loaded by GSX, no matter the path.

There's no need to edit anything, GSX will only use the name of the .BGL, and will ignore the path.

I made this test just to be sure, and added a completely bogus path on purpose, like this:

\\?\H:\DSAJDAHSKHAKJDHK\offf\dfsafas\fsad\aaaaaa\2222\APX50150.bgl

When the airport .BGL, on my system, is here:

\\?\E:\MSFS\Official\OneStore\fs-base-genericairports\scenery\0601\APX50150.bgl

And GSX loads the .INI file just fine, even when the path points to a folder that doesn't exist, on a non-existent drive letter, because the only thing that matters is the .BGL name ( APX50150.bgl )

Hor1463

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2022, 04:48:28 pm »
thx