Author Topic: infinite loading + boarding  (Read 1362 times)

torskenn

infinite loading + boarding
« on: September 20, 2022, 05:35:58 pm »
giving gsx a try once again. gsx menu was working fine, up until it just got stuck loading. i reloaded the session, it worked fine, until 5 mins later it did the same. now whenever i reload the session, i am stuck in loading indefinitely. i've heard it can be caused by hardware. i unplugged everything except mouse and keyboard, reloaded, but to no success.

secondly, i requested boarding. it finally got the passenger count right, but everything else wrong. i installed the engm gsx profile on fs.to, but it still gave me stairs for the aft entrance for some reason (probably user error, would like to know how to not request stairs). the baggage carts started moving, but they just dipped. waited for 15 mins, no carts in sight. and lastly, even with normal passenger boarding density, it boarded all 159 passengers in just 5 seconds. what am i doing wrong? thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: infinite loading + boarding
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022, 05:41:09 pm »
Please try to be more clear and provide all the following informations:

- The airport used. If it's not default, clearly identify the airport.

- If it's a 3rd party airport, if it has been bought on the MS Marketplace

- If it's a 3rd party airport, if it has been Disabled in the GSX Config panel

torskenn

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 05:46:12 pm »
Please try to be more clear and provide all the following informations:

- The airport used. If it's not default, clearly identify the airport.

- If it's a 3rd party airport, if it has been bought on the MS Marketplace

- If it's a 3rd party airport, if it has been Disabled in the GSX Config panel

it is the freeware engm on fs.to by hergi1234. gsx jetways are disabled, gsx ground services are enabled.

torskenn

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 06:13:05 pm »
scratch the thing about the aft stairs. they are apparently supposed to be there. but i still can't figure out the 5-second boarding, no animated passengers and baggage carts..

torskenn

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2022, 06:45:26 pm »
update; got the baggage carts to work, not sure why they just start driving off, still. got passengers animations to work (almost). they do not use the stairs, and at some point the flow just stopped coming. in payload page in the pmdg fmc, the passenger and payload count is still 0, even though it says "boarding completed"?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2022, 05:26:29 pm »
update; got the baggage carts to work, not sure why they just start driving off, still. got passengers animations to work (almost). they do not use the stairs, and at some point the flow just stopped coming. in payload page in the pmdg fmc, the passenger and payload count is still 0, even though it says "boarding completed"?

There's no interaction or relationship between the passenger number in GSX and the one in the PMDG FMC. The Passenger number is not a simulator standard system that various add-ons can all use together, it's a custom system that each add-on handles on its own.

GSX has a developer section in the manual, with published variables that airplane developer can use, if they want, to synchronize their own internal passenger count simulation to the GSX one, but it requires updating the airplane code to do so.

trisho0

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2022, 06:23:13 am »
I have deselected the Pax # from settings and it still not asking how many boarding passengers same way as FSX and P3D. My actual solution is simply, just start engines to run. Pax disappears as a magic (lol).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2022, 10:03:20 am »
I have deselected the Pax # from settings and it still not asking how many boarding passengers same way as FSX and P3D.

Quoting from the Manual, Page 27 where that option is explained:

This option is only relevant on FSX/P3D. In MSFS, the default is to always Estimate the passengers number, because we added Simbrief integration, for a more realistic and precise set of the passenger number.

So, in MSFS, you either have the estimate based on PayLoad, or you use SimBrief.