Author Topic: GSX causes MSFS to hang when exiting to the main menu  (Read 759 times)

EDawg109

GSX causes MSFS to hang when exiting to the main menu
« on: September 09, 2022, 03:26:58 am »
Is anyone else having an issue where MSFS takes a really long to time to exit to the main menu? Prior to this latest update, I didn't have this problem. On another note, I also noticed all my AIG traffic models don't appear in-game either. I know it's GSX that is causing this because if I unlink GSX from the community folder, the AI traffic appears. Prior to this last update that wasn't an issue either.

Seth2413

Re: GSX causes MSFS to hang when exiting to the main menu
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2022, 07:09:30 am »
Yes quite often and it usually means for me something has gone wrong in the loading of GSX.  I find if I re-install the offline installer before each new flight that helps.  If I dont its like the program corrupts itself somehow and I have to exit out of msfs via task manager. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2022, 03:47:58 pm »
The only possible reason GSX might cause AI traffic disappear, if on 3rd party airports with jetways you haven't disabled from the Config panel as you should, causing a parking naming conflict that might affect AI.

The program doesn't obviously "corrupt itself", and neither can cause a crash in MSFS but, fact you need to reinstall, might indicate something else is acting on it, most likely an antivirus, so the updater restores the correct files that might have been corrupted by the antivirus.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 03:50:13 pm by virtuali »

m_j_lyons

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2022, 06:01:15 pm »
I had the same thing after the 9-8-22 offline update.  I removed the Shortcuts to GSX and the Jetways in my Community folder...reloaded MSFS...loaded quickly, exited cleanly and all AIG traffic showed up.  exited and put the shortcuts back in the community folder and repeated - loaded slower, but didn't stall out.  Got to Charlotte and was seeing default online AI traffic (good)...loaded AIG traffic and it showed up (excellent) and GSX worked as per normal (superb).  And when I exited to the main menu it went quickly (perfect!). 

So we have two options - reinstall the offline update or remove/reload/replace the shortcuts.  Not sure why...but they seem to fix this issue. 

Oh - and I did update windows in the middle of that also...because somewhere else they posted that was fixed AIG traffic not showing up.  So if you have a pending MS Windows update consider that.  Once again...not sure why or if that is causal.

m_j_lyons

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2022, 02:20:02 pm »
Update to my update - the Windows update didn't fix the problem (I got lucky I guess on that reload) - just re-installed the the latest static update. 

m_j_lyons

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2022, 03:07:41 pm »
Update from that - problem remains - with GSX Pro and the latest Offline Update I'm not getting any AIG Traffic models displayed (aircraft load...I can see where they should be on AIGTC map display and on TCAS...but the models don't load) and the GSX Pro models don't load a lot of the time either. 

I'm unlinking for now and will live without until someone figures out what is causing the problem.