Author Topic: GPU requested but not possible to turn ground Power on  (Read 893 times)

AlexRS

GPU requested but not possible to turn ground Power on
« on: September 03, 2022, 09:48:29 am »
I fly PMDG 736. I have requested GPU. After conecting, the blue light of the ground power switch (in the aircraft) did not light blue (as happen when you connect the GPU cart through FMC) so not possible to turn it on (and, therefore, energyze the plane).

pete_auau

Re: GPU requested but not possible to turn ground Power on
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2022, 10:03:29 am »
the gpu doesnt connect  to aircraft using  gsx  need  to use pmdg  fmc

AlexRS

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2022, 10:52:02 am »
So, is GPU cart from GSX pointless (not functional) or is a problem to be solved in the future?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 11:20:54 am by AlexRS »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2022, 05:53:47 pm »
So, is GPU cart from GSX pointless (not functional) or is a problem to be solved in the future?

In a way, the GPU in GSX is a bit pointless, mostly because the way external power is designed in the simulator:

- Using default airplanes, external power is in fact "magic", since it's always available on any parking, even before you call the default GPU. I guess it might have been designed this way to make it easier to use.

- Unlike FSX/P3D, the variable which controls the battery voltage is not writable, so we can't actually charge the battery, like we did with FSX/P3D.

- The variable that controls External Power availability is also read-only, so we can't set it to 0 and back to 1 when the GPU is connected, as it should be. So, we can't get rid of the "magic" external power.

- Advanced 3rd party airplanes, using custom electrical systems are a whole different issue, and can't be charged by GSX, unless the developer had a specific support to allow a 3rd party source of power to notify its availability. This was exactly the same in FSX/P3D, where some planes like the FSL A320 even interacted with the GSX  battery charger in a custom way.