Author Topic: SimBrief  (Read 1266 times)

Biggles

SimBrief
« on: September 02, 2022, 03:25:27 pm »
Reload SimBrief error

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SimBrief
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 03:35:33 pm »
That's because you don't have the latest update.

Always check the Live Update before reporting errors because, chances are they might have been already reported and fixed, like this one.

Biggles

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 03:54:07 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply, I thought we were not supposed to use Live Update but use the offline update, which one? Anyway I started the Live Update step 1-38 never gets past step 1 and program quits,
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 04:04:39 pm by Biggles »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 04:23:20 pm »
I thought we were not supposed to use Live Update but use the offline update, which one?

Nowhere we ever said that. The instructions in the Offline installer said you only need to use the Offline installer IF your local cloudflare node hasn't been updated fully, and you can recognize this if the Live Update seems to be downloading the same files, over and over.  Only in that case you need to use the Offline installer.

Note that, some files ARE supposed to be always downloaded: the Airport Services and the Jetway replacement files because after the Aug. 30th update, we found it was way faster to just always download them and install them, rather than CHECK for every single files if you have the right version.

So, you need to use the Offline installer only if you see the same files downloading over and over EXCEPT these two above.

The Offline installer is always updated but, of course, being offline, it means you must download it again each time we have a new version, because as an offline installer, it doesn't have the capability to update itself or download anything.

Anyway I started the Live Update step 1-38 never gets past step 1 and program quits,

This has also been explained so many times: the Live Update is not used just to "update GSX", it can update ALL FSDT products for ALL simulators so, unless you have ALL of them installed at the same time, you'll never see all steps performed so, if you don't have the remaining 36 products installed, it will skip their step and Quit at the end, because there's nothing left to do.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 04:25:06 pm by virtuali »

Biggles

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 04:44:51 pm »
Thanks

Airbuspeter

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2022, 05:51:08 pm »
i have updated GSX but i have "red"reload Simbrief cant connect to simbrief. in GSX Settings i have inserted my Simbrief ID in the Simbrief Name Field.whats wrong?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2022, 05:58:07 pm »
in GSX Settings i have inserted my Simbrief ID in the Simbrief Name Field.whats wrong?

You shouldn't insert both, only the username.

Airbuspeter

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2022, 06:45:29 pm »
in GSX Settings i have inserted my Simbrief ID in the Simbrief Name Field.whats wrong?

You shouldn't insert both, only the username.
ok.only the User Name, not the ID?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2022, 06:50:28 pm »
only the User Name, not the ID?

Yes, the user name only, SimBrief calls it "Alias", see from Page 60 of the GSX Manual:

To configure it, just add your SimBrief “Alias” in the GSX Settings page. The Alias can be found by selecting the “My Account” section of the SimBrief website.