Author Topic: Is there a full installation tutorial available?  (Read 1421 times)

Seth2413

Is there a full installation tutorial available?
« on: September 01, 2022, 11:38:37 pm »
Is there a youtube video or can anyone do one?  I say that because this is very confusing to install and there seems to be multiple ways to do it that are different from the manual.  I have tried multiple times to install this program but cant get it going correctly.  I have installed the program, down the live updater, used the offline updater whatever and after this it seems to work for me but if I then have a second flight all vehicles and passengers etc are invisible.  I can hear them but cant see anything and I also get situtaion where when I exit to main menu MSFS hangs so I have to exit manually through task manager.  After unistalled MSFS does not do this. 

The live updater for me does some installing and then closes and I do not know if it is has updated or installed correctly.  I would hope that it just finished and then I can exit out of that program so i know it worked.  I am in Australia so not even sure what the live updater is giving me to update. 

So for me I seem to get one go at it but second time the program seems to corrupt itself somewhere along the way so I assume I am not intsalling correctly.  At the moment I have it uninstalled because I have tried so many times so would be great Umberto or someone to do a step by step installation video with all the different parts to this and even include any tweaks or adjustments that need to be made to certain files etc because the more I read on here the more confused I am and ive already spent many many hours trying. 

PS - I run MSFS through steam, I use addons linker program and I only have about 5 purchased airport sceneries that are NOT through marketplace.  I do have many freeware airports through flightsim.to that are updated all the time and only compatabile with latest version of MSFS.  I actually do not experience CTDs.

Some visual assistance would be appreciated. 

goose66

Re: Is there a full installation tutorial available?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 12:33:57 am »
1. Start the Installer
2. Say ok or yes
3. Grab popcorn, install takes a while

Activate before installing.
That's it.
Mark AAL3 VP-HR

pogos

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 02:08:16 am »
In a ideal world, yes.  In reality, no, definitely no!

Seth2413

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 06:36:39 am »
1. Start the Installer
2. Say ok or yes

Activate before installing.
That's it.

Yeah that’s my point, what installer?  Just the original one works for you?   So far there is the actual program installer but then there is an updater and also an offline updater that I have. There is so many versions of what needs to be done I don’t know what works.

abhigyan

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 06:52:57 am »
respected dev and simmer
mine node has also not updated in india. the prog is introduced say 15 days ago.still not update. why cant they make it simple. after paying the hardyearnd mony stiil we are waiting to get the proper inst files and also update files. and the installation process is quite confusing. dev should come out with some short of tutorial video how to properly install and update for which you wait to get your nod updated. all rer doing trail and error method to get it work
sorry if this hurt someone
thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2022, 12:30:28 pm »
mine node has also not updated in india. the prog is introduced say 15 days ago.still not update. why cant they make it simple.

As a variation of the previous post:

1. Start the Installer
2. Say ok or yes
4. Download and install the Offline installer and run it after everything else.

Seth2413

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2022, 12:56:14 pm »
mine node has also not updated in india. the prog is introduced say 15 days ago.still not update. why cant they make it simple.

As a variation of the previous post:

1. Start the Installer
2. Say ok or yes
4. Download and install the Offline installer and run it after everything else.

when you say takes a while the live updater has been running now for 4 hours and its at 42% but at least its loading something.  Takes that long? 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2022, 01:01:00 pm »
when you say takes a while the live updater has been running now for 4 hours and its at 42% but at least its loading something.  Takes that long?

Surely not, it should be minutes, not hours. Please clarify what is taking a long time:

- The initial download/unzip/install process

OR

- The subsequent update process ? If yes, it is because it's downloading something ?

Seth2413

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2022, 01:49:17 pm »
The live updater. It’s downloading a heap of files into the addon manger folder. Previously this has stopped so I’ll just let it go and see what happens perhaps.