Author Topic: Using Parking Editor - INI question  (Read 804 times)

Flightdoc

Using Parking Editor - INI question
« on: September 01, 2022, 05:20:10 pm »
So I have been busy editing parking stands and adding VDGS at CYVR (FSimStudios). When I'm done and I want to share the INI do I have to share the BGL also? Or for those who are running this 3rd party airport, will it matter if they have the Marketplace version (encrypted) or the unencrypted one? thanks
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 08:26:03 pm by len hjalmarson »
Flightdoc

Flightdoc

Re: Using Parking Editor and BGLs
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 05:40:30 pm »
Found on page 47 of mnual --

Separate .BGL files for GSX use
To overcome this problem, GSX has the ability to load a separate .BGL that is completely
separated from the simulator.
This .BGL should be placed in the same folder used to store GSX custom .INI profiles:
%APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\MSFS

Since this folder is outside the normal “Official” or “Community” folders, MSFS
will not see it in any way, and it won’t affect any operation in the sim, which will
continue to use the encrypted version for things like AI operations or ATC.
Only GSX will make use of this file, since the above folder will act as an extra location
with the highest possible priority, and 3rd party developers that sells airports
on the MS Marketplace can simply offer an unencrypted version of the airport
.BGL file to their users, so the scenery can be used by GSX, even if it’s encrypted.
Flightdoc

Flightdoc

Re: Using Parking Editor - INI question
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 08:27:19 pm »
In the case above, with the BGL placed in the same directory as the INI file, I assume the first segment could be deleted. So for example --

[general]
afcad_path = \\?\E:\FS2020\Official\OneStore\fsimstudios-airport-cyvr-vancouver\scenery\vancouver_objects.bgl

That general section would no longer be needed because GSX will look first in the INI directory?
Flightdoc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 01:32:22 pm »
In the case above, with the BGL placed in the same directory as the INI file, I assume the first segment could be deleted. So for example --

Don't assume anything the manual doesn't tell you.

The [General] section is still required, to link the .INI to the .BGL. You might have more than one .BGL for the same airport, that's how GSX decides which .BGL goes with which .INI

The manual, instead, says you can remove the PATH and leave just the filename there, because that's the only thing GSX reads. Won't make any difference if you remove it or not, but if you don't like that long path there, just leave the vancouver_objects.bgl only, and it will work exactly the same.

Flightdoc

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 04:17:31 pm »
Huh interesting thanks!
Flightdoc