Author Topic: Uninstalling a FSDT airport  (Read 5122 times)

Sunnydaze

Uninstalling a FSDT airport
« on: February 03, 2010, 06:31:48 pm »
Hi.
  I have read that if you need to uninstall a FSDT airport that you MUST say yes to both questions about uninstalling the add on manager and the other one which I can't remember right now.My question is what would happen if you said NO to this message,as I did about three days ago,and if something BAD would happen,why is this even an option? Also,if you say YES to this as you should,
do all the other airports get affected?
 Thanks.
     Dennis

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Uninstalling a FSDT airport
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 07:09:22 pm »
I have read that if you need to uninstall a FSDT airport that you MUST say yes to both questions about uninstalling the add on manager and the other one which I can't remember right now.

Nowhere we said this. It's only done while troubleshooting an issue, to be sure no old files are left.

The only reason why you would want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl engine, apart from troubleshooting, is if you don't want to use any other FSDT scenery anymore, and you don't want to use any other product from other developers that use the Addon Manager as well, and want to get rid of unneeded files.

Also,if you say YES to this as you should, do all the other airports get affected?

They'll all stop working.

Which is why, the Uninstall clearly says "all the product requiring the Addon Manager will not work anymore", before getting confimation about removing everything.

Sunnydaze

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 08:24:37 pm »
Hi.
   I apologize,I must have been reading something about someone having a problem.It really did not make sense
to me anyway,so I am glad I got to talk to you about it.
   I am just about to reinstall all of my FSDT airports and now I will have no worries about doing so.
   So just to be clear,if I ever want or need to uninstall,I just do it and say no to the message about the add on
manager and the other item. and then reinstall as usual.
  Thank you so much for your help,and I absolutely love your airports.
    Dennis

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 08:49:26 pm »
So just to be clear,if I ever want or need to uninstall,I just do it and say no to the message about the add on
manager and the other item. and then reinstall as usual.

Yes. If you don't have any specific reasons (like trying to fix a problem) to uninstall the Addon Manager, and you plan keep using our sceneries and other products from other developers using it (like Cloud9, Qualitywings, Aerosoft), the normal uninstall method is to uninstall just the scenery.

Deltalpha

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 05:49:37 pm »
I think the question is...

WHY DO YOU WANT TO UNINSTALL AN FSDT AIRPORT!?!  ;D ;D