Author Topic: Parking Stands and Objects  (Read 1127 times)

Flightdoc

Parking Stands and Objects
« on: September 01, 2022, 09:53:05 pm »
So there are a lot of objects at any given gate. This is CYVR a 3rd party airport I have been adjusting parking and adding VDGS. When I spawn at the gate there are a lot of vehicles and objects. Many of them - not all - disappear when I start GSX. In this example I disabled Ground Services for CYVR in the config menu the applied the change. So BEFORE image you see what is there when I spawn. Then when I invoke GSX many things disappear. Is there any way to have more of these objects gone before I even start GSX?
Flightdoc

Flightdoc

Re: Parking Stands and Objects
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 09:53:54 pm »
Here is the AFTER start GSX image..
Flightdoc

Flightdoc

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 11:00:50 pm »
It seems that if I select the parking stand before I land its different than spawning and some of the default objects are not there which is nice!
Flightdoc

Turok144

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 03:02:46 am »
I disabled the following in the MSFS settings:

Airport Vehicle Density
Ground Aircraft Density
Worker Density

This is found in General Options---->Traffic---->Airport Life

It does leave some airports looking like a ghost town, but everything in GSX is quite lively.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 12:45:20 pm »
GSX can only remove airport vehicles that are Simbojects of the "Ground Vehicle" category, which can be added either by the simulator itself, as Airport Services and Living World vehicles. These will be removed by GSX automatically around the selected gate and can be controlled by the MSFS traffic sliders

However,. objects added inside the airport scenery files as static objects to add ground details, can't be removed dynamically by GSX, since they are not objects, but part of the scenery itself. The only way around them is to customize the gate and alter the GSX vehicles starting position trying not to clash into these objects.

Flightdoc

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2022, 04:08:35 pm »
I'll play with the MSFS Airport Vehicle density . I have already been busily modifying the GSX vehicle starting positions at CYVR :)

thanks!
Flightdoc