Author Topic: PMDG DC6B still not saving...  (Read 1245 times)

fcmusician

PMDG DC6B still not saving...
« on: September 03, 2022, 12:49:26 am »
Rats. Keep hoping the save feature will start working on this plane. Trying to figure out what happens when you hit save and then restart and it reverts back to a default setting. Tried saving in the config file itself but that is not working.
Frank B^)

qqwertz

Re: PMDG DC6B still not saving...
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2022, 01:30:27 pm »
The configuration file is saved, I can even get boarding to work occasionally. I am not sure when I succeed, it could be related to having edited the config file first. However, GSX choses to ignore all customizations when I start a new flight. Crew and pax then try to board 20m in front of the plane and then are launched vertically into the air :(

For the DC-6, and other, airplanes, it would be useful to have the option to assign a specific door to cockpit crew only.

fcmusician

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2022, 02:24:31 pm »
The configuration file is saved, I can even get boarding to work occasionally. I am not sure when I succeed, it could be related to having edited the config file first. However, GSX choses to ignore all customizations when I start a new flight. Crew and pax then try to board 20m in front of the plane and then are launched vertically into the air :(

For the DC-6, and other, airplanes, it would be useful to have the option to assign a specific door to cockpit crew only.
Of all things Door #4 works every time for loading pilots, crew and passengers. The one that will not hold the horizontal or "Z" setting is the cargo doors. and if they are off at all then the cargo belt loaders will not show up. The APU works as planned. I even use the pilot door on the right side as a catering door. Same thing it will not hold the vertical height. When I make the initial settings in editing. Everything works perfect until I restart. Then it reverts back to a different default.
Frank B^)

teisco

I am sure I am doing something wrong in setting up the aircraft loading door.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2022, 04:33:17 pm »
I cannot get my custom aircraft loading door to save. It works right after I edit it but if I restart GSX or quite the sim and go back in to the save airport and parking spot it does not work and the door that i edited for loading reverts to the original or not at all.

Maybe I should be doing  something else, like editing the airport somehow as I have been editing the aircraft for this door placement ?

teisco

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2022, 04:34:46 pm »
Same problem but I think I am doing it wrong.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2022, 04:39:24 pm »
We are confirmed multiple times we are aware of a bug in the airplane configuration editor, and it's not a problem saving, it's a problem reloading the saved configuration.

We are still looking into it, and be sure it will be clearly indicated in the update release notes so, at this time, we suggest using GSX only with internally supported airplanes. We'll add the internal config for the DC6 very soon.

teisco

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2022, 04:57:17 pm »
Thank you,

fcmusician

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2022, 08:09:22 pm »
We are confirmed multiple times we are aware of a bug in the airplane configuration editor, and it's not a problem saving, it's a problem reloading the saved configuration.

We are still looking into it, and be sure it will be clearly indicated in the update release notes so, at this time, we suggest using GSX only with internally supported airplanes. We'll add the internal config for the DC6 very soon.
I know you guys are checking into it. Soooo close to what I want in this program. Amazing when it works. Just sit back and watch them go at it before take off  :)
Frank B^)

qqwertz

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2022, 08:51:51 pm »

Thanks for looking into this, Umberto. Unfortunately, I develop sceneries for small airfields and cannot use an A320 to test the airport configuration. Looks like I have to wait with adding GSX profiles to my creations, but good to know this will be resolved.