Author Topic: UK2000 Airports in P3D 4.5 after the recent update.  (Read 7673 times)

liamr685

Re: UK2000 Airports in P3D 4.5 after the recent update.
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2022, 01:22:33 pm »
For anybody looking for SODE jetways for UK2000 EGLL in P3D.
Look here, this person has done all the work, and it works.
search ...UK 2000 HEATHROW XTREME EGLL.
2 posts, 1 dated Nov 23rd 2020, 2nd updtaed Feb 16th 2022.
Follow the instructions to the letter, with the correct updated installation of UK2000, Version 3.2

It’s good that people are finding fixes/workarounds, but we shouldn’t be doing this.

All this is a direct result of an update pushed with the release of GSX Pro for MSFS, the Devs need to sort this out as it’s their product not working how it used to…the joy of them trying to make 3 versions of the same product, work on 2 sims with 2 different engines, with the same common files.

FSX and P3D versions of GSX are bugged to no end at add on sceneries, and the devs have been pretty quiet for a few days now…

Joe Porter

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2022, 07:03:48 pm »
Follow the instructions to the letter, with the correct updated installation of UK2000, Version 3.2

It’s good that people are finding fixes/workarounds, but we shouldn’t be doing this.

All this is a direct result of an update pushed with the release of GSX Pro for MSFS, the Devs need to sort this out as it’s their product not working how it used to…the joy of them trying to make 3 versions of the same product, work on 2 sims with 2 different engines, with the same common files.

FSX and P3D versions of GSX are bugged to no end at add on sceneries, and the devs have been pretty quiet for a few days now…

Hear, Hear!  Exactly! 

liamr685

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2022, 09:46:20 pm »

Hear, Hear!  Exactly!

I personally would like to think that a backup was taken prior to the release of this update, in the event of the product being unusable, that it could be rolled back. (Which I’ve seen done on various games I play) but this doesn’t seem to be the case.
GSX is near unusable at most add on sceneries and a rollback should have happened within a few days of this forum being flooded with bug reports stating how broke it was.
We aren’t talking about a few random bugs here, as we have seen, the core product is broke.

mwyatt

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2022, 10:15:43 pm »
Hi, yes, I do take backups of my entire PC every week to an external drive, just as well that I do.
I now have 2 ADDON MANAGER folders inside my GSX folder, a PRE update folder (recovered from a backup), and a POST update folder, I obviously need to jig the folder names so that only one is active at any one time.
With the help of many other posters, renaming/removing/inhibiting INI files in the scenery folders and inside the VIRTUALI folder, and adding PARKINGSYSTEM = 0 to ALL the parking gates in airports that did not work post update, and the gentleman who gave the files to get SODE working at UK2000 Heathrow.
I can now flip between PRE update and POST update at will in a few seconds.
Now both PRE and POST UPDATE work correctly (as far as I am aware !!) for me, but it has been a struggle and many hours spent trying various fixes.
I will wait a while before getting GSX for MSFS. That is just a step too far at the moment !!!!!!!
I will gladly help anyone that needs a solution if I can.
Reply to this post if you wish.
Martin.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 10:17:17 pm by mwyatt »

liamr685

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2022, 09:18:59 am »
Hi, yes, I do take backups of my entire PC every week to an external drive, just as well that I do.

Sorry, my comment was aimed at the developers. They should take a backup prior to any major update in the event of something...like this happens...

Ive tried the fixes mentioned on here:
parkingsystem = 0 on every gate
also tried downloading the .ini files from here
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=24557.0

And GSX still doesnt read the files.

The only way it works is if i remove both the EGLL INI from GSX, and the two INIs from the EGLL scenery folder, but, I dont have any animated jetways if i do this, GSX reverts to them being default and will not animate them.

mwyatt

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2022, 10:05:24 am »
LIAMR685,
try downloading these 3 files and follow the instructions.
This restored SODE jetways for me at EGLL.
Martin.
P.S. These files are from another member, I do not claim any credit for them !!

« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 10:07:07 am by mwyatt »

liamr685

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2022, 10:56:16 am »
LIAMR685,
try downloading these 3 files and follow the instructions.
This restored SODE jetways for me at EGLL.
Martin.
P.S. These files are from another member, I do not claim any credit for them !!

Have done. GSX still won’t read them on my pc.

Devonquicks

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2022, 11:07:33 am »
Hi, I run FSX and have the same problems with UK2000 Airports, worked well on previous upgrades but now get the error messages experienced by others using these airports. good luck sorting it all out.
MRQ

mwyatt

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2022, 11:41:18 am »
LIAMR685 ...
I had a fail at first.
I completely uninstalled UK2000 EGLL, then installed Heathrow 3.10, followed by UPDATE 3.12, then 3.20.Then installed the files as directed.
restart your PC and try again.
Make sure you have your licence code handy !!
Make sure there are no other EGLL ini files lying about.
Martin.
P.S. It takes all of 30 seconds for the jetways to appear after the gate is displayed on screen.
I have thought of a devious way of coping my original "Addon Manager" folder to your PC to try. Contact me directly if your are willing to try an experiment !!
Martin.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 11:56:40 am by mwyatt »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2022, 04:56:19 pm »
A failure to associate an .INI file to a BGL might be caused by lacking support for long file paths in Windows, which might be enabled this way:

https://www.howtogeek.com/266621/how-to-make-windows-10-accept-file-paths-over-260-characters/

liamr685

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2022, 05:32:55 pm »
A failure to associate an .INI file to a BGL might be caused by lacking support for long file paths in Windows, which might be enabled this way:

https://www.howtogeek.com/266621/how-to-make-windows-10-accept-file-paths-over-260-characters/

Everything worked fine until the update was pushed alongside the release of GSX pro.
This isnt a windows problem.
its a GSX problem.

Surely youve changed some lines of code somewhere that make this work for MSFS, but dont translate into P3D.

***Edit***
Just out of curiosity, I checked long paths enabled, its already enabled on my PC, so 100% not the problem.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 05:37:32 pm by liamr685 »

FOD

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2022, 06:29:19 pm »
Liamr685
Have you redone the exclusion file for EGLL - I often find that after changing things I need to redo and recompile the exclusion fine to get things to work.  (Said from more than a weeks experience trying to get this “update” to work)

liamr685

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2022, 06:45:30 pm »
Liamr685
Have you redone the exclusion file for EGLL - I often find that after changing things I need to redo and recompile the exclusion fine to get things to work.  (Said from more than a weeks experience trying to get this “update” to work)

The file that gets dropped into the FSDreamTeam exclude folder?  Yes i do.
Unless theres something else im missing?

FOD

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2022, 06:58:33 pm »
Then you need to shut down P3D and run the control panel to compile the file …..

liamr685

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2022, 08:13:06 pm »
Then you need to shut down P3D and run the control panel to compile the file …..

Yes I’ve ran it and tried enabling and disabling default jetways again.