Author Topic: UK2000 Airports in P3D 4.5 after the recent update.  (Read 7684 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: UK2000 Airports in P3D 4.5 after the recent update.
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2022, 08:52:42 pm »
Please run the FSDT Live Update now, because we found an issue that resulted in an airport custom profile not being loaded.

liamr685

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2022, 09:38:31 pm »
Please run the FSDT Live Update now, because we found an issue that resulted in an airport custom profile not being loaded.

Hasnt worked

same as before

https://i.imgur.com/cYdXbLz.png
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 11:03:00 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2022, 11:04:26 pm »
Then your error is not related to having loaded the wrong .INI, but possibly something else, please post a startup log at that airport, and possibly the .INI file you are using, which might have been loaded, but not correctly.

mleuck

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2022, 11:12:43 pm »
Ran your suggested update with no change. Still a mess!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2022, 11:14:04 pm »
Ran your suggested update with no change. Still a mess!

Please clarify what do you mean with "no change", which problem you have, exactly and what "still a mess" really means. As I've said, this update fixes ONLY ONE thing: a failure to load the correct GSX .INI profile for an airport, resulting in missing parking spots.

And please, don't cross-post the same reply in multiple threads. It doesn't make my job any easier. Quite the opposite.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 11:16:15 pm by virtuali »

liamr685

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2022, 10:14:44 am »
Then your error is not related to having loaded the wrong .INI, but possibly something else, please post a startup log at that airport, and possibly the .INI file you are using, which might have been loaded, but not correctly.

See attached below.

The only way currently to get GSX to recognise EGLL (Or any airport that doesnt have any stands showing) is to delete the .ini files in the appdata virtuali GSX folder, and any custom ini in the addon scenery folder, as highlighted below...But...This then leaves no animated jetways...GSX then beleived theyre all default and wont animate them...SODE then shows no objects nearby...

Also note, that all these CFGs in the image were not generated when I did a fresh install of GSX, even after regenerating airport cache, i had these backed up as they were already located in the folder before i did the update 3 weeks ago.

Another thing to note, the airport ini below doesnt have a path to the UK2000 EGLL scenery folder, like other UK2000 sceneries do.

I have also included EGKK and EGCC

EGKK Works fully for me, jetways move, i beleive all stands show.
EGCC Works partially, all stands show, but no animated jetways (SODE says there no triggerable objects within 12km)
The same at flytampa dubai, all gates work, no animated jetways, SODE says nothing there.

One thing I do find odd, is Taxi2Gate OTHH V2 works fully, absolutely no issues as of yet...but i cant find a single .ini for it.

Ive had to convert the .log to .txt files as the forum wouldn't let me upload it.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 10:23:30 am by liamr685 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2022, 10:20:43 am »
Also note, that all these CFGs in the image were not generated when I did a fresh install of GSX, even after regenerating airport cache, i had these backed up as they were already located in the folder before i did the update 3 weeks ago.

GSX is not supposed to generate or regenerate these files automatically, under any situation, those are your edits to the airport, the only way to generate them is to...edit the airport so, if you remove that folder and don't have a backup, they are lost.

liamr685

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2022, 10:26:33 am »

GSX is not supposed to generate or regenerate these files automatically, under any situation, those are your edits to the airport, the only way to generate them is to...edit the airport so, if you remove that folder and don't have a backup, they are lost.

Odd, as I have never edited an airport.
I've edited aircraft but not airports.

Perfect example is the LEMG scenery ini i posted, that was the last scenery i purchased, and have only ever flown into it, i havent once opened the GSX airport or aircraft editor at that location, so it's odd there an ini in that folder.

**I just edited my post above before i saw that you commented too, about getting EGLL to work**

« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 10:38:26 am by liamr685 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2022, 10:34:29 am »
Odd, as I have never edited an airport. I've edited aircraft but not airports.

Then you must have downloaded files made by somebody else who edited that airport. It's the only way you would have any airport files in the GSX airport profiles.

liamr685

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2022, 10:37:53 am »
Odd, as I have never edited an airport. I've edited aircraft but not airports.

Then you must have downloaded files made by somebody else who edited that airport. It's the only way you would have any airport files in the GSX airport profiles.

I have never been into the Appdata/Virtuali folder before the update dropped that ruined GSX in P3d. I genuinly have no idea how they got there.

Also...Ive just loaded up at LEMG...All gates show...No Animated jetways, GSX believes theyre all default (Default jetways disabled in the FSDT GSX Control Panel, it wont even let me click the 'compile check excludes' button)
FlyTampa OMDB - No Animated Jetways
UK2000 (Various Airports) - No Gates & No Animated Jetways
Aerosoft/SimWings LEMG - No Animated Jetways

See attached for EGLL .ini located in parent UK2000 Heathrow folder.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 10:46:13 am by liamr685 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2022, 11:12:47 am »
I have never been into the Appdata/Virtuali folder before the update dropped that ruined GSX in P3d. I genuinly have no idea how they got there.

As I've said, the only possible reasons why you have files there are:

- You opened the GSX customization editor to change *anything*, even something minor like choosing the operator or the parking radius.

OR

- You downloaded a pre-made profile made by somebody.

There are no other ways to end up with any GSX airport profiles other than these two.

liamr685

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2022, 11:23:54 am »

As I've said, the only possible reasons why you have files there are:

- You opened the GSX customization editor to change *anything*, even something minor like choosing the operator or the parking radius.

OR

- You downloaded a pre-made profile made by somebody.

There are no other ways to end up with any GSX airport profiles other than these two.

Ahhhhhh ok, custom pushback will have done it.