Author Topic: Add Option to Re-Bind Parking Editor Keys  (Read 941 times)

phase1NE

Add Option to Re-Bind Parking Editor Keys
« on: August 31, 2022, 11:28:19 pm »
I am wondering if you guys could consider adding the ability to make custom keybinds for the parking spot/pushback editor. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no way to change the default keys. After looking through the manual, I didn't see anything mentioned about how to change them.

I, and probably many others, do not use a full-sized keyboard. I use a tenkeyless keyboard for gaming and for the smaller size. Since there's no option to change keybinds, I'm unable to use the keys for "normal" object rotation (numpad 1 & 3) since I don't have a numpad, and the F-keys only have fast object rotation bound. This sometimes makes it difficult to edit parking spaces and fine tune the angle of each piece of equipment. It would be great if there was an option to create custom keybinds added.

TLDR: Please consider adding the option to create custom keybinds for the parking editor for people who do not have a numpad. Or, add "normal speed" object rotation left/right binds to the F-Keys (currently, only "fast" object rotation is bound to F-keys).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl

phase1NE

Re: Add Option to Re-Bind Parking Editor Keys
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2022, 11:46:32 pm »
Gotcha... thanks for sharing. I know there's not much freedom w/ keys given how overly excessive the MSFS keybinds are, but IMO if you guys were able to add a config option where we could use custom binds, it would be up to the user to clear out any conflicting binds in MSFS for the keys they intend to use. Personally, I cleared out almost all of the ones I never use, and I also use an xbox controller to control the drone as it's much easier. So, I think there's more room than you think. Plus, knowing the mod community for MSFS, I'm sure someone would create a script mod that could tell you if you're adding a conflicting keybind.

In the meantime, I'll just deal w/ using the 15 degree increments... it's not that bad.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 12:01:40 am by phase1NE »