Author Topic: Request for Cargo modification  (Read 1124 times)

Turok144

Request for Cargo modification
« on: August 30, 2022, 05:25:32 am »
Hello Umberto,

I'm sure that you are very swamped with so many requests, but if you could, please add a cargo option in the menu drop-down for when a cargo aircraft is at the gate.

I used the PMDG 737-800 BDSF and clicked on the option to customize the aircraft, I selected the "cargo" option checkbox and something else.  I was hoping to see something in the dropdown menu but there was no option.  I don't remember what I selected from the menu, but instead of the palate loader some very wide and tall staircase were raised right next to the tail of the aircraft.

In the meantime, I can use the palate loader that comes with the PMDG but as we all know it's no fun since it has no animation.

Thanks again for the tremendous work that you are doing!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 05:38:09 am by Turok144 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Request for Cargo modification
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 02:13:19 pm »
I'm not sure what you wanted to be added. When the airplane is flagged as Cargo, the following will change:

- Instead of passengers stairs, Cargo stairs with a more industrial look will be used.

- Instead of passengers and crew, you'll se only Pilots and a Loadmaster, the guy with a notebook in his hand.

Those are the things that will change, because of that option.

To SEE the high loader loading pallets, it requires to have the Main Cargo door properly configured, that's is unrelated to the "Cargo" option, which only changes the stairs and the crew.

As confirmed multiple times, the official configurations for all the 737-800 variants are coming very soon, possibly today (depends how many forum post I need to answer about them)

DrVenkman

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2022, 02:27:46 pm »
As confirmed multiple times, the official configurations for all the 737-800 variants are coming very soon, possibly today (depends how many forum post I need to answer about them)

Thanks, Umberto.

BTW, Robert Randazzo over at the PMDG forum has shut down a couple of threads over there wrongly criticizing GSX for causing all manner of problems, and was very supportive of your efforts to increase realism and immersion in the sim. He also mentioned that PMDG hope to get their full SDK out soon for third-parties to better integrate utilities directly to the plane. Perhaps when that SDK is released, we will be able to use GSX to actually fuel the plane (not just simulate it visually) and load and unload cargo and passengers.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2022, 06:04:41 pm »
BTW, Robert Randazzo over at the PMDG forum has shut down a couple of threads over there wrongly criticizing GSX for causing all manner of problems, and was very supportive of your efforts to increase realism and immersion in the sim. He also mentioned that PMDG hope to get their full SDK out soon for third-parties to better integrate utilities directly to the plane. Perhaps when that SDK is released, we will be able to use GSX to actually fuel the plane (not just simulate it visually) and load and unload cargo and passengers.

Well, that's very good to hear.

I really don't have any time to visit any forums, but it's nice PMDG recognized what we are tying to do, hardly fighting with all the SDK limitations I'm sure they must have struggled with as well.

Turok144

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2022, 05:19:42 am »
I'm not sure what you wanted to be added. When the airplane is flagged as Cargo, the following will change:

- Instead of passengers stairs, Cargo stairs with a more industrial look will be used.

- Instead of passengers and crew, you'll se only Pilots and a Loadmaster, the guy with a notebook in his hand.

Those are the things that will change, because of that option.

To SEE the high loader loading pallets, it requires to have the Main Cargo door properly configured, that's is unrelated to the "Cargo" option, which only changes the stairs and the crew.

Hi Umberto!  I see you worked your magic yet again! 👍  I just landed with the PMDG 737-800 cargo aircraft and the palate loader was there waiting for me at the gate.  I opened the cargo door and requested deboarding and the palate loader began the awesome animation which really love to see.  I'm also really liking the new cargo with the fish netting, it looks awesome!  It's perfect.  Thank you for the strong work that you are doing.  You have my full support and admiration for the high quality and immersion that GSX brings.