Author Topic: SOLVED - GSX does not work after Updating | P3D V5.3  (Read 2249 times)

Alphatango2

SOLVED - GSX does not work after Updating | P3D V5.3
« on: August 31, 2022, 05:07:56 am »
Hello,

As everyone else has posted, my GSX in P3D V5.3 will not work after updating. Couatl Settings, Couatl Live Uodate & GSX selections under the Addons in the sim are not working. I have not tried reinstalling.

If there is something that can be done, please let me know otherwise I will wait for an update.

Thank you,

Dan
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 08:00:16 pm by Alphatango2 »

Alphatango2

SOLVED - GSX does not work after Updating | P3D V5.3
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 07:59:44 pm »
Problem solved. Live update removed all the FSDT entries P3D Scenery Library. Re added them and now it all works....

FilbertFlies

• FilbertFlies
Re: SOLVED - GSX does not work after Updating | P3D V5.3
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 01:33:00 am »
Problem solved. Live update removed all the FSDT entries P3D Scenery Library. Re added them and now it all works....

How did you do this please? I've just reinstalled GSX for P3D and have the same issue but I have no idea what to add to the scenery library.

trisho0

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2022, 01:47:33 am »
Should be GSX to be added to scenery library? That's new for me. If the GSX is a scenery how to add it? I thought GSX was added to sim Add-ons Tab from FSTD GSX Installer.

Patricio Valdes
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 01:57:47 am by trisho0 »

kmanning

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2022, 05:28:37 am »

Can you elaborate. What do you mean when you say FSDT entries P3D Scenery Library? Are you referring to the scenery addons in the Scenery Library? If so, how does Live Update remove those sceneries. I've never hear of that, and that is something you do yourself.

Ken.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 11:13:42 am by kmanning »

Alphatango2

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2022, 06:33:10 pm »
In the P3D scenery library, each scenery you install gets its on "area". Each "area" is automatically added by the installer used to install the scenery. I went into the addon manager, (In Sim) noticed that all of my FSDT sceneries were "ACTIVE but not installed in the scenery library". (I knew that my GSX worked prior as I flew from SEA to SFO. SEA airport GSX worked, SFO didn't.) I then proceeded to check my library and noticed all of my FSDT products were not there and manually added those area's back into the library. That then fixed my GSX frozen issue, brought all the gates back at SFO and shows all my FSDT products.

Not saying this issue is "SOLVED" in terms of a fix from the admins and developer, I added that as a "I fixed my issue" that I had so the developer doesn't have to look at this post anymore unless they want to use this as a troubleshooting step.

VitaminA330

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2022, 09:39:16 pm »
Could you please explain to us how to add GSX to the scenery library?? I mean, adding sceneries manually is pretty easy: Add the folder that contains the corresponding "scenery" and "texture" folders as subfolders, set priority and you're done. But what exactly can be added from GSX? ...which folder?

I have the same problem in P3d v4.5 like some other people, but so far, there was no reply to the problem by Virtuali. Maybe that could fix it here too (?).

Thanks in advance.
Dominik

kmanning

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2022, 11:29:33 pm »
In the P3D scenery library, each scenery you install gets its on "area". Each "area" is automatically added by the installer used to install the scenery. I went into the addon manager, (In Sim) noticed that all of my FSDT sceneries were "ACTIVE but not installed in the scenery library". (I knew that my GSX worked prior as I flew from SEA to SFO. SEA airport GSX worked, SFO didn't.) I then proceeded to check my library and noticed all of my FSDT products were not there and manually added those area's back into the library. That then fixed my GSX frozen issue, brought all the gates back at SFO and shows all my FSDT products.

Not saying this issue is "SOLVED" in terms of a fix from the admins and developer, I added that as a "I fixed my issue" that I had so the developer doesn't have to look at this post anymore unless they want to use this as a troubleshooting step.

Okay thanks. But this is not what my problem is. Let me ask you this. All of my FSDT products are installed. When I launch the Addon Manager it says that all my FSDT Scenery are Installed and Active. But for the GSX product, it only says it's active. Should it say it is installed and active like the rest of my FSDT products?

Ken.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 10:43:58 am by kmanning »

VitaminA330

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2022, 11:52:21 pm »
Yes, it should be installed AND active in the Addon Manager. If that is already your solution, you can be happy with it.

But I think Alphatango2 referred to the scenery library that you can access via "World => Scenery library" in your P3d menu. You can also see those entries in your scenery.cfg file, (unless the xml method is used, that registers an addon "from outside"). But in the scenery library, you can see both entries: classic via scenery.cfg and via "the new" xml integration. Actually I don't know which method FSDT uses, because it has always been automatic. But it is possible to do both manually, if they disappear.

I don't know how much knoledge you have about the P3d structure. But in order to make a scenery work, you have to "register" the files within the simulator, so that it detects it to show up when you go there. If that internal registration is missing for any reason, only the files are there, but they aren't shown in the sim. You basically registrate the folder, that has at least a subfolder called "scenery", and most of the time another one called "texture". So, adding the FSDT sceneries manually (once the registration entry has disappeared for any reason) is no problem, because you can easily find the folders with the scenery name that have exactly those 2 subfolders. For example, within the FSDT folder "Addon manager / FSDreamteam", I can find a folder called KCLT, and this one has 2 subfolders: scenery and texture. So the folder "KCLT" is the one you would browse to when you wanted to add it manually in your scenery library.

BUT: My problem with GSX is, that GSX is no scenery, but a tool. It doesn't have a folder within "Addon manager / FSDreamteam", neither does it have a scenery and texture subfolder (probably), at least not one that act like sceneries. That's why I didn't understand how to add GSX to a scenery library.

All this has nothing to do with the Addon Manager itself. This one is an interface created by FSDT to show in a convenient way, which of your addons you've got a licence for, and which of these are installed or activated - and that means "activated" in a sense that the addon manager has detected that you have a licence for the scenery and enables the files to show up in your sim. That doesn't automatically mean that they are registrated in your scenery library, even if the addon manager normally does that for you while installing the product.

So, I don't have any clue, why GSX shows "installed" AND "active" AND the sub menus show up in the sim (under the addon bar), but it simply doesn't want to work for several persons including me.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 11:54:21 pm by VitaminA330 »

marcusbeynum

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2022, 01:47:46 am »
Can someone tell me why I can't see GSX in my add on in P3Dv5, I updated it and everytime I reboot my computer it disappears