Author Topic: Jetways attach from the wrong gate  (Read 852 times)

WyEastJuju

Jetways attach from the wrong gate
« on: August 31, 2022, 02:44:20 am »
I'm experiencing quite an odd situation with the jetways. Parked in KPDX, Gate C13, the gate connects to R1 from gate C11. Same thing if parked at C11, C9 is connecting to R1. I've even tried disabling R1 in the aircraft editor, but it still persists. Is there a known way around this? Never had this issue in P3D or FSX.

Flightbeam KPDX with GSX Pro latest version.
Screenshot attached (Hopefully)

https://imgur.com/YaKDvwI

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways attach from the wrong gate
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 10:09:30 am »
GSX only replaces the visual model of default jetways and, if you configure it correctly ( by disabling the 3rd party jetways replacement files ), it won't even replace the model on 3rd party airports.

But even when GSX *does* replace jetways, they will still controlled and animated by the default system, which is known for having these issues, which happened before GSX, happen with default jetways too and installing GSX won't change anything.

This is the post I made on Asobo dev's forum, reporting all the current issues with Jetways, which have been reported over a year ago, and my example was made using a default airport using default Jetways:

https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/9771/some-longstanding-jetways-issues.html

You never had these issue in FSX/P3D, because there we used SODE, which completely bypassed the default system, so we could control each jetway very precisely.

WyEastJuju

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2022, 04:58:57 pm »
I have discovered another issue with GSX jetways just straight up returning to default position at default airports. So far i've only got the PMDG 738 and GSX installed apart from FB KPDX and experiencing jetways just teleporting back into position. Sometimes even mid boarding.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 05:00:37 pm by WyEastJuju »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2022, 05:24:50 pm »
I have discovered another issue with GSX jetways just straight up returning to default position at default airports.

You haven't discovered an issue with GSX jetways, you discovered an issue with the MSFS jetway that has been reported more than a year ago, there's nothing we can do to fix it, unless if fixed in the sim. See my previous post for reference.

WyEastJuju

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2022, 05:32:27 pm »
Thank you for the update.

WyEastJuju

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2022, 04:07:03 am »
Got an update. I've started to run into quite a few CTD's when using GSX. So, I've uninstalled GSX and grabbed a freeware plugin to take GSX's place for the time being and test some things out. The default jetways are working correctly without issues now, and no CTD's so far since uninstalling GSX.

Narrowed it down to GSX as being the culprit for jetways docking incorrectly and CTD's unfortunately.

Hoping it gets fixed soon! Was a marvelous addon back in FSX and P3D.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2022, 01:05:49 pm »
Got an update. I've started to run into quite a few CTD's when using GSX. So, I've uninstalled GSX and grabbed a freeware plugin to take GSX's place for the time being and test some things out. The default jetways are working correctly without issues now, and no CTD's so far since uninstalling GSX.

The default jetways have the exact same issues, this is very well know and it has even been acknowledged by Asobo themselves, have you read my post on Asobo forum, where I posted several screenshots of *default* jetways at *default* airports showing the problem, and the subsequent confirmation from Asobo?

If you had additional issues with GSX jetways only, like attaching to the wrong gate, that's only because if you used 3rd party airports, you MUST exclude ALL of them from Jetway replacements using the Config panel in the GSX installer, because GSX jetways are only meant to be used on default airports. They can't work on 3rd party airports, because the parking names/positions don't match, so they will be all sort of issues related to that.

Whether this can even cause a CTD, we don't know, it's possible a conflict between parking arrangement in the GSX replacement files and the different arrangement in the 3rd party airport might trigger some kind of bug in the sim but, this doesn't surely happen if GSX is used correctly, by ensuring all ICAO for 3rd party airports you have has been disabled in GSX.