Author Topic: How/where do I request a refund?  (Read 2730 times)

WebMaximus

How/where do I request a refund?
« on: August 30, 2022, 07:01:17 pm »
I was so much looking forward to GSX for MSFS but now when I have it, I'm sorry to say it's simply too many bugs and issues at present time...

- refueling trucks leaving after 1 second even when you follow the documentation and advice by the developer
- jetways all of a sudden disconnecting from the aircraft while boarding
- passengers walking in thin air (after the jetway vanished/was retracted)
- invisible bags on the baggage carts depending on from what angle you view the carts
- boarding announced as active even when no passengers are seen
- etc etc...

As others said, this in all honestly feels more like an early beta rather than a RTM version you ask full price for.

For this reason, I want to ask how and where to ask for a refund? I will be happy to buy the product again when all these version 1.0 issues have been sorted and it's possible to enjoy the product. Instead of spending all your time troubleshooting or searching for solutions in here. I simply don't have the time for that.

I completely uninstalled everything related to GSX Pro from my system and now I'm looking forward to do some proper flying instead.

Thanks in advance.
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How/where do I request a refund?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 07:09:11 pm »
  • refueling trucks leaving after 1 second even when you follow the documentation and advice by the developer
No, it doesn't. If you think it does, please make a proper report clearly indicating:

- Which airplane you used

- How much fuel you had when you started

- How much fuel you requested and how.

jetways all of a sudden disconnecting from the aircraft while boarding. passengers walking in thin air (after the jetway vanished/was retracted)

Please clarify if the jetway *really* disconnected, of it just lost sync with its LODs, as explained here, which indicates ALL issues with jetways are only caused by SDK limitations:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,27200.msg178152.html#msg178152

Please read it entirely, because it explains everything you need to know about Jetways. If you want to see how GSX really works, try on an Apron, where it doesn't have to contend with a buggy default system.

invisible bags on the baggage carts depending on from what angle you view the carts

This is the simulator own culling method. But it is probably something we can improve.

boarding announced as active even when no passengers are seen

On a gate with a jetway on a 3rd party airport ? This happens only if you don't exclude it from jetway replacement.

WebMaximus

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2022, 09:06:24 pm »
This is exactly what I meant when writing my initial post, I don't want to spend more time troubleshooting and debating with you in here and trying to convince you both the documentation and advice given were followed.

Looking at the refueling issue for example, I've seen others reporting the exact same issue. Where they explain the exact steps taken. Yet you repeat yourself telling them what steps to take. The exact same steps they already explained. Like you didn't even care to fully read their posts.

So I ask you again, how/where can I request a refund or do I need to ask PayPal for help getting my money back? With all reports both in here as well as elsewhere from multiple users, it shouldn't be hard to explain to them why I and many others want our money back.
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2022, 09:58:53 pm »
Actually Umberto, I'll make things easy for both of us and keep your software. Then I'll reinstall it in maybe 6 months or so and hopefully, most of the current issues will have been addressed by then.

As I started saying, I've really looked forward to GSX for MSFS and I do like the product. Used it since day one when it was first released for FSX I think it was. With that said, I hope I'll be able to use it in MSFS as well eventually. Where I hope being able to spend my time enjoying the software rather than constantly troubleshooting it.
Richard Åsberg

pilotny

• TWITCH
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2022, 10:22:05 pm »
This is a completely disaster...perhaps I will be back in 3 months to see if they sort out all this amount of issues hope FSDT should find a solution. The bgl situation is an issue caused by an addon that wants to work after the fact that sceneries  bgls have been released, for quite a long time from major developers.
JH

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2022, 10:25:24 pm »
This is a completely disaster...perhaps I will be back in 3 months to see if they sort out all this amount of issues hope FSDT should find a solution. The bgl situation is an issue caused by an addon that wants to work after the fact that sceneries  bgls have been released, for quite a long time from major developers.

If you mean the issue with Marketplace airport, this something that will eventually go away soon:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,27214.msg178262.html#msg178262

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,27019.msg176859.html#msg176859

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2022, 10:28:18 pm »
Looking at the refueling issue for example, I've seen others reporting the exact same issue. Where they explain the exact steps taken. Yet you repeat yourself telling them what steps to take. The exact same steps they already explained. Like you didn't even care to fully read their posts.

That's not what is happening, at all. Most of the questions about refueling indicates the procedure is still not very clear, especially the difference between standard and custom refueling, what the "Always refuel progressively" does, and when it's ok to change the fuel on custom refueling and when it's not.