Author Topic: LOD Suggestion for Baggage  (Read 723 times)

Flightdoc

LOD Suggestion for Baggage
« on: August 30, 2022, 06:36:35 pm »
I tend to sit and watch the baggage carts arrive, and I notice when I see them maybe 50 meters behind the aircraft they are empty - with no bags. Then the bags suddenly appear about the time they turn toward me. Love to see the LOD adjusted a bit so the bags are there sooner. It should not have any impact on fps because not much else is usually happening.

Also a couple days ago one of the sets of carts arrived with no bags. They showed up magically when they hit the belt on the loader. :)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 06:39:06 pm by len hjalmarson »
Flightdoc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: LOD Suggestion for Baggage
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 07:18:31 pm »
LODs in MSFS are "lazy", they are not loaded immediately, but when the sim has time for it because, if didn't do that, the LOD handling *itself* would cause an overhead stressing the system, causing the opposite of what LODs were supposed to achieve.

That's why the proper LOD sometimes arrives later than expected, not because it's wrongly programmed, but because the simulator will load it when it has time, depending on the overall load on the PC, caused by all the other things running in the simulator.

We can probably tweak a bit the LOD for bags, making it a bit larger, but there's nothing we can do about *when* the LOD will be loaded.

Flightdoc

Re: LOD Suggestion for Baggage
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2022, 12:44:14 am »
Interesting - thanks!
Flightdoc