Author Topic: GSX - Unable to save aircraft profile  (Read 1892 times)

Filipe040

GSX - Unable to save aircraft profile
« on: August 30, 2022, 10:55:24 am »
Hi all,

I'm using the latest version of GSX Pro on MSFS but I'm having the following issue:
Somehow when I setup the GSX profile for my aircraft (PMDG -700 and -800) it works flawless and I'm able to save it. Once I restart the simulator it's back to default. I looked at my GSX file in %appdata%/virtuali but it seems it's isn't edited at all and thus not saved I guess. Is there anyway I can fix this?

Best Regards,
Filipe

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX - Unable to save aircraft profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 11:43:53 am »
I looked at my GSX file in %appdata%/virtuali but it seems it's isn't edited at all

Please clarify, do you mean you made some edits, and the file didn't change ? Which edits, exactly ?

Filipe040

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2022, 01:44:10 pm »
I used the 3D configurator in-game to setup the profile, then saved it. The GSX file in the appdate/virtuali/airplane/PMDG 737-800 seems to be untouched. One would think that saving in the 3D configurator should edit the GSX.cfg for the specific airframe but the values stay the same.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2022, 02:09:11 pm »
The GSX file in the appdate/virtuali/airplane/PMDG 737-800 seems to be untouched

You shouldn't even have a GSX.CFG there, if it wasn't saved by the editor, have you maybe created before we added the internal configuration for GSX ? Try to remove it the airplane folder from %APPDATA% entirely, restart Couatl, make some edit, and see if the file gets created.

Filipe040

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2022, 08:31:30 am »
The GSX file in the appdate/virtuali/airplane/PMDG 737-800 seems to be untouched

You shouldn't even have a GSX.CFG there, if it wasn't saved by the editor, have you maybe created before we added the internal configuration for GSX ? Try to remove it the airplane folder from %APPDATA% entirely, restart Couatl, make some edit, and see if the file gets created.

I tried. I deleted the airplane folder entirely. Made the edit. Once I reboot the sim it's all back to default..  :(

EDIT: It's seems to only forgot the left-hand door position as the conveyor belts still connect at the right position.

Filipe040

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2022, 10:33:51 am »
So how are we gonna fix this?

Leopardo Di Cardio

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2022, 11:13:00 am »
So how are we gonna fix this?

If the trucks arrive correctly at the cargo space and you only have a problem with pushing the gate or stairs to the exit left door, try to put a screen of your parameters under GSX Airplane in the GSX menu, maybe it will give you a better clue about entering possibly better parameters directly into the file that defines the exit  the door of the plane. If you can't save the parameters, do you have a problem writing them into the cfg file? //only for read//
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 11:14:43 am by syphax »