Author Topic: Jetway - Mind of their own  (Read 2610 times)

Keirtt

Jetway - Mind of their own
« on: August 29, 2022, 03:18:24 am »
One problem I'm consistently having is with the jetways. When I pull up to a gate and select to attach the jetway, if I clicked to deboard or board the aircraft, the jetway will simply retract and the boarding/deboarding process will begin. Of course it wont allow me to reconnect the jetway until after the event has been completed. Why does it automatically move the gate like this if I've already connected it?

Yamba1

• Flying for pleasure
Re: Jetway - Mind of their own
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2022, 06:04:08 am »
I think this is a bug due to MSFS . If you use the  MSFS  connect jetway it will  disconnect automatically after a short time.  So  I think the same happens  with GSX  as MSFS  will disconnect after a short  time. As weird as it sound  This is whats happen
Charles

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2022, 10:43:00 am »
Are you using the Fenix A320 perhaps ? It has a function to automatically move the jetway, so it's best turning it off when using GSX. All these things will surely be easier to do, once we'll have some integration with Fenix, I assure you they are interested.

Keirtt

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2022, 02:55:04 pm »
I don’t own the Fenix A320. I’ve only used the PMDG 737.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2022, 03:00:49 pm »
Maybe you have the AI copilot handling communications ? The jetway might be disconnected by the AI, nothing we can do from GSX to prevent it, just don't assign communication to the AI copilot while on ground.

moxiejeff

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2022, 04:25:51 pm »
It’s not that either. This happened to me, a few times, yesterday while doing trips with 738. Sometimes the jetway will just detach from plane while
Passengers are boarding. I couldn’t find a reason for it.

I also have all AI ATC stuff turned off as I use VATSIM only.

Keirtt

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2022, 05:12:26 pm »
Maybe you have the AI copilot handling communications ? The jetway might be disconnected by the AI, nothing we can do from GSX to prevent it, just don't assign communication to the AI copilot while on ground.

I have all AI support off. As Jeff said above, it’ll just randomly detach. The passengers will still follow the jetway route as if they’re walking up it.

gnunciat

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2022, 05:16:48 pm »
I'm having same issue using FBW A32X!

Remembering when I was using toolbar pushback, could attach or detach the jetway at anytime during the boarding process and there was an option to prevent jetway random detachment. Is there any possibility to implement that on GSX?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 05:52:49 pm by gnunciat »

QNH997

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2022, 07:41:58 pm »

I have all AI support off. As Jeff said above, it’ll just randomly detach. The passengers will still follow the jetway route as if they’re walking up it.

Yup, have experienced this too. @virtuali - I experience this at random sometimes, but reliably when I use the drone camera. After moving away with the drone camera, the jetway appears to instantly detach; I think some of the higher LOD models are missing the animations.  When I exit the drone camera, the jetway usually reattaches but sometimes stays stuck detached and using the operate button makes no difference.

I've installed via the offline installer (last updated a couple of days ago) so I believe I'm on the latest build.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2022, 07:47:27 pm »
Yup, have experienced this too. @virtuali - I experience this at random sometimes, but reliably when I use the drone camera. After moving away with the drone camera, the jetway appears to instantly detach; I think some of the higher LOD models are missing the animations.  When I exit the drone camera, the jetway usually reattaches but sometimes stays stuck detached and using the operate button makes no difference.

But this is a very well known MSFS bug!! It has nothing to do with GSX, happens with default jetways too, see here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26660.msg174849.html#msg174849

Keirtt

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2022, 07:54:20 pm »

But this is a very well known MSFS bug!! It has nothing to do with GSX, happens with default jetways too, see here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26660.msg174849.html#msg174849

Umberto,
    With all due respect, I have been using this sim since it was in technical alpha. I also have used this sim with other mods such as the pushback toolbar and have never experienced the problem that I'm seeing now. It almost seems like if I tell GSX to manually connect the jetway and then do the boarding/deboarding procedure it will randomly disconnect. I just can't see how this is a MSFS default jetway problem if for the past 2.5 years I've never experienced this until now.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2022, 10:18:57 pm »
With all due respect, I have been using this sim since it was in technical alpha.

You made a very precise description of the problem, jetways LOD losing sync between the docked/undocked status of the jetway. Have you read the posts I linked on MS DEV's forum, with me and several developers reporting this problem since more than A YEAR AGO, happening with *any* kind of jetway, including Asobo own default model ?

Have you read my post on MS Dev forum in which I posted several screenshot at *default* LIMC using *default* Asobo jetways and, most importantly, have you read the answer from Sylvain, who's an Asobo developer ? I'll quote it now, since you surely must have missed:

This is what I wrote:

]2) To reproduce the LOD switching problem more easily, you should use the Showcase/Drone and move away from the jetways, as if you were trying to look all different LODs, then get close again, the problem will usually appear immediately.

Doesn't this sound familiar to what you wrote ?

2) & 3) I was able to produce both issues on LIMC using your guidance. It's not a 100% repro but reliable enough for us to be able to investigate it. Thank you for your feedback.

I also have used this sim with other mods such as the pushback toolbar and have never experienced the problem that I'm seeing now.

First I'm not sure what a pushback add-on could possibly have anything to do with it but, if you never noticed it's only because:

- You haven't used many default airports.

- Lots of 3rd party airports "cheat" this bug out, by just...not making any LODs!

That might work for an airport with 4-5 jetways, but not with GSX who's supposed to replace jetways everywhere, even at large airports with 100+ gates, we just can't afford not using them, and that's where they suffer from the same issues as the default ones (which also have multi LODs, even if not as many as GSX's), because it's a confirmed MSFS bug. I think it started with SU5.

It almost seems like if I tell GSX to manually connect the jetway and then do the boarding/deboarding procedure it will randomly disconnect.

GSX is not trying to do anything, it's the simulator itself that lose sync between LODs. And it's confirmed it happens with default jetways as well.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 10:03:13 am by virtuali »

QNH997

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2022, 07:11:55 am »
Umberto, is it possible that there are two separate issues here? Agree with you that the LOD problems are long-standing default issues (not on the SU10 beta so don't know if they've fixed them now), but (and I appreciate this is anecdotal), in my sim, they primarily impact the jetway links, not the actual jetway and its connection with the aircraft, which always reliably stays connected. With GSX jetways, I'm having issues with the jetways disconnecting from the aircraft, and it happens even when the drone camera isn't being used (and the sim isn't cycling LODs).

AUA9085

• My Youtube Profile :)
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2022, 08:22:13 am »
I am not 100% if I understand everything in this thread but I do have following behaviour:

Using the Fenix A320 with disabled Auto Jetway stuff and door Control:
  • I am at the Gate
  • Jetway is not connected
  • I'll connect the Jetway with "Operate Jetway"
  • I'll start refueling
  • After refueling I start Boarding
  • The Jetway disconnects from the aircraft

Why?
All those steps has been done without any input on the Fenix (still in cold and dark)

For my taste it looks a bit weird if the AC is on the Gate without a connected Jetway until the boarding starts.

AndyCYXU

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2022, 10:12:12 am »
I am not 100% if I understand everything in this thread but I do have following behaviour:

Using the Fenix A320 with disabled Auto Jetway stuff and door Control:
  • I am at the Gate
  • Jetway is not connected
  • I'll connect the Jetway with "Operate Jetway" DO NOT DO THAT, JUST USE START BOARDING
  • I'll start refueling
  • After refueling I start Boarding
  • The Jetway disconnects from the aircraft

Why?
All those steps has been done without any input on the Fenix (still in cold and dark)

For my taste it looks a bit weird if the AC is on the Gate without a connected Jetway until the boarding starts.

OK , Jetways are tricky but what i found works best is do not use "Operate Jetway" simply use "start boarding/deboarding" and the jetway will connect just fine and stays connected.. . they will disconnect it too when you ask for pushback.. only thing they do not close the doors automatically, so far it works very well, also when I arrive at the airport I choose "START DEBOARDING" and jet way connects just fine.

Also YES I experienced the same as you then I learnt to "not operate the jetway" just go right ahead and request boarding or deboarding, provided you are parked correctly so far it works every where I went I went to few airport seems to be working good.

That is what I found work very well, hope it helps you

Andy
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 10:17:03 am by AndyCYXU »