Author Topic: fuel don't load  (Read 7388 times)

billkirk888

Re: fuel don't load
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2022, 10:33:36 pm »
I am attempting to refuel the PMDG 737-700, and have tried various options and feel I am following the manual, however I am not having much luck.  I have selected "always refuel progressively" as suggested in the Manual.  I call for the fuel truck in GSX as instructed with 5,000lbs of initial fuel load in the plane.  Once the fuel truck arrives, a voice indicates "fuel truck is in position".  Understanding the manual page requiring you to select "short/long/manual" is incorrect, I followed your instruction to enter the desired fuel manually under the FMS "fuel" menu item.  I enter 10,000lbs.  I immediately transition to the outside view to see the fuel truck leaving right away.  What am I doing wrong?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 10:36:29 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2022, 10:38:47 pm »
I immediately transition to the outside view to see the fuel truck leaving right away.  What am I doing wrong?

There must be something you are doing it differently, because this is the correct procedure and I can only confirm it surely works. The only thing you must be sure of:

Your initial quantity must be set *before* you call the GSX Truck. If you had, let's say, 15000 lbs, called the GSX Truck and went down to 5000 while the truck was enroute, it won't work, that's why the voice say not to touch the fuel until after the truck arrives.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 01:25:33 am by virtuali »

billkirk888

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2022, 12:55:07 am »
quoteYour initial quantity must be set *before* you call the GSX Truck. If you had, let's say, 15000 lbs, called the GSX Truck and went down to 5000 while the truck was enroute, it won't work, that's why the voice say not to touch the fuel until after the truck arrives.

Thank you.  So.. When the sim loaded, the plane had an initial fuel load.   I did not change that prior to requesting fuel.  Perhaps I need to change it first to get GSX to recognize the initial load?  I will try that and see if it makes a difference.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 01:25:46 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2022, 01:27:01 am »
Thank you.  So.. When the sim loaded, the plane had an initial fuel load.   I did not change that prior to requesting fuel.  Perhaps I need to change it first to get GSX to recognize the initial load?  I will try that and see if it makes a difference.

Whatever the situation you start with, it's extremely simple in the end:

The fuel you request when the GSX fuel trick arrives must be more than the fuel you had the moment before you called it.

billkirk888

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2022, 02:58:37 am »
Right, which is what I did per my original post.  Please read....  I started with roughly 5,000lbs of fuel and set it for 10,000lbs of fuel (after) the fuel truck arrived. 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 03:01:03 am by billkirk888 »

Mustag

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2022, 11:44:05 pm »
I had the same problem: (PMDG 737-700 MSFS2020)
1) FMC - FS ACTION - FUEL 10000 (needed 15400)
2) GSX menu: call for refuelling
3) When truck arrive, I set 15400 in FMC - FS ACTION - Ground Service (pag. 2/4) - Fuel Truck  Target (No turn Type short/long/manual is present). Nothing happen.
If I set 15400 in FS Action - Fuel, the truck go away  immediatly.
?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2022, 04:04:45 pm »
3) When truck arrive, I set 15400 in FMC - FS ACTION - Ground Service (pag. 2/4) - Fuel Truck  Target (No turn Type short/long/manual is present). Nothing happen.

I'm sure something must happened: the fuel quantity shown in the PMDG should have changed.

If I set 15400 in FS Action - Fuel, the truck go away  immediatly.?

Please clarify what do you mean with "immediately".

- If the GSX Fuel truck shows its fuel counter going up *very* fast, and will go away after a few seconds, it's NORMAL, if you haven't enabled the "Always refuel progressively" option.

- If, instead, the GSX Fuel counter remains to 00000, never goes up and the GSX Fuel truck goes away really immediately, not even after a few seconds, then the only possible explanation is the actual Fuel quantity on board the airplane hasn't increased, for any reason.

WebMaximus

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2022, 04:14:27 pm »
Would a possible third option be there are a few bugs in your software that need to be addressed?
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2022, 04:18:43 pm »
Would a possible third option be there are a few bugs in your software that need to be addressed?

What a "third option" should do ?

Which bugs you are referring to, exactly ?

WebMaximus

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2022, 06:57:57 pm »
Hello Umberto,

What I was trying to imply was how there might be some issues with your GSX Pro that needs to be addressed. I often get the impression when people are reporting issues in here, how they mostly will hear how they did something wrong, didn't read the documentation or how what they say/report simply can't happen. Like they were imagining what they are reporting. The issue discussed in this thread is such an example. Where both others as well as I have seen how the fuel truck leaves pretty much instantly. Even after following all your advice.

Based on the number of threads in here as well as clips on YouTube showing all sorts of weird things happening, maybe some additional time should have been spent testing the software before it was released. Obviously, I can only speak for myself but I think it's safe to assume, most of us when buying a software just want to enjoy the software. Rather than constantly troubleshooting or being worried of doing something in the incorrect order or whatever.

When you release a software, IMO part of the goal should be to develop a software that is robust enough to handle user error and mistakes. Without the complete thing ends up in a big mess. When you have a software such as GSX Pro with all these issues, be they user-related or bugs within the software or a mix of both, many users quickly will lose interest in using the software. Simply because many of us have limited time to spend on this hobby. When we find some time enjoying ourselves, that is exactly what we like to do...enjoying ourselves and have a good time. Messing with GSX Pro and constantly trying to understand why things don't work like you would expect them to, that is not equivalent with having a good time. At least not in my book.

As mentioned in another thread to you, I've uninstalled GSX Pro for now. In the same way I've seen many others doing the same thing. Will give it a second go for sure. Since I really want a well-functioning GSX in MSFS. It just doesn't seem possible at this moment in time but hopefully will be further down the road.
Richard Åsberg

Frafty

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2022, 07:33:53 pm »
Before getting too far down the rabbit hole, here's what is currently CHECKED within the GSX Settings menu:
- Always Refuel Progressively
- Detect custom refueling system

The above were checked by default, so I've changed nothing here.

I can confirm the same problems listed above even with "Always refuel progressively" enabled.

When the fuel truck arrives, GSX enables the FS Actions Page in the FMC, then takes you to the Fuel page from there with the request to load the fuel desired. However, this page on PMDG will autoload the fuel immediately and the fuel truck will sit for one second, then drive away with the "fuel complete" notification.

So either there's something logic wise that isn't correct, or we're being told the incorrect instruction.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2022, 10:23:34 pm »
What I was trying to imply was how there might be some issues with your GSX Pro that needs to be addressed. I often get the impression when people are reporting issues in here, how they mostly will hear how they did something wrong, didn't read the documentation or how what they say/report simply can't happen.

The problem is...most of the time this is exactly what is happening, if you follow the threads up to their completions because, of course, when something IS really "a bug", IT IS fixed.

A great first step to fix bugs, is always trying to make a report as precise as possible, so we can REPLICATE IT.

Like they were imagining what they are reporting. The issue discussed in this thread is such an example. Where both others as well as I have seen how the fuel truck leaves pretty much instantly. Even after following all your advice.

See this post here, same issue, the user was convinced he "followed all advice", except he had enabled the "Detect custom aircraft system refueling" option which is disabled by default, without fully understanding what it does. While agree the manual COULD have been more clear, it was no GSX bug.

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,27449.msg179650.html#msg179650

Based on the number of threads in here as well as clips on YouTube showing all sorts of weird things happening, maybe some additional time should have been spent testing the software before it was released. Obviously, I can only speak for myself but I think it's safe to assume, most of us when buying a software just want to enjoy the software. Rather than constantly troubleshooting or being worried of doing something in the incorrect order or whatever.

The number of threads here is only an indication of the program popularity, which we weren't even prepared to, which is related to the bigger popularity of MSFS itself. However, citing YouTube videos as an "example", when MOST of the issues I see in many popular streams are:

- Passengers boarding incorrectly because the jetway didn't dock, which didn't dock because the YouTuber had a 3rd party airport with GSX Jetways, because they weren't disabled as they should.

- Passengers walking in the air, because the jetway docked on another door, in one case it docked on the service door, with the head twisted. Saw this in a YouTube video, with the presenter and users all commenting "passengers walking in the air", without even noticing that, in all that scene, the only thing right were...the passengers, which were walking on the correct path, it was just the jetway that docked on the *right* side of the airplane!

- Refueling not working because I keep seeing that "Detect custom aircraft system refueling", enabled (when it's Disabled by default), because it seems many assume that option would result in GSX recognizing any kind of custom refueling system, when in fact it's used in a very limited case, with a plane with a turnaround time that refuels after a delay.

- A YouTuber said GSX fuel counter indicate was "wrong", because he didn't realized the counter always count Gallons.

- Issues in general due to the use of Marketplace airports, which can't be read by GSX. Nobody can reads those.

- Problems with users not getting pop-ups or notifications, because they closed the toolbar icon when they shouldn't have, which stops the menu and the tooltips to appear until the toolbar icon is reactivated again.

When you release a software, IMO part of the goal should be to develop a software that is robust enough to handle user error and mistakes. Without the complete thing ends up in a big mess. When you have a software such as GSX Pro with all these issues, be they user-related or bugs within the software or a mix of both, many users quickly will lose interest in using the software.

You might have a point, if we really "designed a software", that is we made the WHOLE software. Unfortunately, GSX MUST work within the MSFS SDK limitations, which in some cases are very "limiting", we already explained them so many times:

- We don't know where jetways ends up when they activated. We don't know WHICH door they have been docked to, and we need to rely on a dirty hack to even know if they *docked* somewhere, by checking their hood animation, because there's no way from the SDK to know which door (if any) the jetway has docked to.

- The code that runs the menu, which is Html/JS, gets killed immediately as soon the user click the toolbar icon to disable the menu, and doesn't come back again until the *user* will reactivate it again. This means, during a procedure that would normally require GSX displaying another menu after some time, like during Refueling or Deicing, when extra menu options are supposed to be shown *after* the vehicle arrived, if the user closed the toolbar icon, there is no way for us to show that menu, unless the user reopens it again. That's because it's not possible to reactivate a menu from Simconnect, only from JS, but our JS code has stopped the moment the menu was closed.

- The jetway animation systems has bugs, it lose sync between LOD, so user "think" the jetway disconnected, when in fact is only showing its deactivated LOD, because the animation lost sync with the switching LODs, this obviously happens with default jetways on default airport and has been reported to Asobo more than a year ago, yet users are noticing it only now, because when passengers pass through jetways, it's more noticeable, and it's assumed its a "GSX bug", when in fact passengers are working perfectly fine, the jetway hasn't, just like the default jetway in default airport.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2022, 10:31:35 pm »
here's what is currently CHECKED within the GSX Settings menu:

Detect custom refueling system

This is Disabled by default and, as explained in this thread:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,27449.msg179650.html#msg179650

It should stay disabled and it's used in a very limited number of situations, where the airplane has a default turnaround simulation, so the refueling starts automatically after some time.

If you want proof the option is Disabled by default, try this:

- Edit the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatladdons.ini file

- Remove this line:

detect_custom_refuel = 1

- Restart Couatl, open the GSX Settings, you'll see the option is Disabled and, if you change another option there, the line will be added back with refuel_always_progressive = 0, indicating that's the value that is used by Default, and the only way it would become 1, is to explicitly Enabled it in the Settings.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 09:53:37 am by virtuali »

Flightdoc

Re: fuel truck, FBW A320 at EBBR - VIDEO
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2022, 02:07:59 am »
I read through the entire thread I think the problem I have is real and I made a video . Edited for length.

The fuel truck arrives and I have about 10% fuel on board. I am prompted of arrival so I call for 80% fuel. The GSX menu remains active. However, the fuel crew never takes any action. I keep my eyes on them the entire time as the video shows. Eventually I go to the internal tablet and start fuel flowing. The action this prompts from the truck is that they leave. I waited a few seconds then re-opened the GSX menu and called for fuel. As you can see in the video, they return and this time they connect the hose to the airport supply. Hope this helps!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YGKFp5WrjZXmBCTHPVGNp-J1SJnlwSyv/view?usp=sharing
Flightdoc

Frafty

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2022, 04:06:02 am »
This is Disabled by default and, as explained in this thread:

It should stay disabled and it's used in a very limited number of situations, where the airplane has a default turnaround simulation, so the refueling starts automatically after some time.

If you want proof the option is Disabled by default, try this:

- Edit the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatladdons.ini file

- Remove this line:

refuel_always_progressive = 1

- Restart Couatl, open the GSX Settings, you'll see the option is Disabled and, if you change another option there, the line will be added back with refuel_always_progressive = 0, indicating that's the value that is used by Default, and the only way it would become 1, is to explicitly Enabled it in the Settings.

Be that as it may, unchecking that setting doesn't yield any different result in the PMDG -800. You're still instant loading the fuel, thereby the fuel truck being there for less than 10 seconds and leaving (because the fuel has been auto loaded in that PMDG menu).