Author Topic: fuel don't load  (Read 7275 times)

marcogagnor

fuel don't load
« on: August 29, 2022, 05:18:27 pm »
If I start from the first initial flight the fuel is not loaded, when I select the simbief item the tanker immediately leaves the position without loading. When I land and do the deboarding and after the refueling, then the refueling is carried out. Why?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 06:35:26 pm by marcogagnor »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: fuel don't load
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2022, 05:59:49 pm »
That's because on the first flight you already had more fuel than you needed, so the tanker went away. On landing, you burned fuel, so a new tanker came to finally fill up what you were supposed to get on departure.

marcogagnor

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2022, 06:34:36 pm »
imposed 4% as initial fuel, so I am not loaded,despite being empty, it does not charge anyway.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2022, 07:05:46 pm »
I can only repeat and confirm, if the fuel truck went away, it's because you had more fuel than what you requested. Also, from the moment you call the fuel truck to the moment it arrives, it's best not to close the GSX toolbar icon, because you might miss important notifications. Read pages 66-67 why.

marcogagnor

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2022, 07:49:47 pm »
trust it is not so, I set from the initial menu 4% of fuel, both with the A320 FBW and with ERJ190. I make a video and show it to you, the window I would gladly keep open, but it closes after the timeout of 30 seconds and even before sometimes.

imasysley

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2022, 09:09:31 pm »
Hello how to select the turn type short/long/manual i don't have it in my FMC 737 PMDG MSFS
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 09:12:25 pm by imasysley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2022, 09:15:31 pm »
the window I would gladly keep open, but it closes after the timeout of 30 seconds and even before sometimes.

Please re-read my reply again: I wasn't referring to the menu windows, but the GSX toolbar icon.

If you read the manual at Pages 66-67 as I've asked to do, it explains the different from having the Toolbar icon Active or Inactive, and why GSX sometimes close it automatically and why it doesn't, and when it doesn't, it's because you are in the middle of some procedure (Refueling is one of such cases), where you are supposed to keep it Active (with the menu closed! ), so the menu can be reopened again automatically when it need to perform the next step, which would be asking the fuel quantity.

Hello how to select the turn type short/long/manual i don't have it in my FMC 737 PMDG MSFS

That's the only page of the whole manual that hasn't been rewritten from the P3D version. In the PMDG for MSFS, you just select the Fuel from the Fuel page, but the principle is the same.

However, this begin a plane using a custom fuel system, there's no GSX menu that is supposed to open automatically, just a voice (and a message, if the toolbar icon is active) telling you when load the fuel in the airplane own menu.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 09:17:16 pm by virtuali »

imasysley

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2022, 09:22:08 pm »
ok thank you but it's instant like that which is not very realistic

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2022, 09:25:17 pm »
ok thank you but it's instant like that which is not very realistic

If you mean it's "instant in GSX", that's just because you haven't enabled the "Always refuel progressively" option in GSX. Quoting from Page 25 of the manual:

Always Refuel Progressively

This option allows to control the GSX refueling speed when using a 3rd party airplane with a custom refuel system. If it’s Enabled, the speed will always be simulated realistically accordingly to the pump performance (but can be accelerated with the Fuel acceleration slider in the Timings). If it’s Disabled, if the airplane custom fuel system has loaded the fuel instantly, the GSX refueling vehicle will perform a very fast count of the fuel quantity loaded.

WebMaximus

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2022, 09:26:35 pm »
Just did my first actual flight since I bought GSX Pro and tried to follow the suggestions how to use the refueling feature of GSX Pro.

Called the fuel truck with about 3 tons left in the tanks from previous flight. Asked for roughly 7 tons via the FS ACTIONS-FUEL menu in the PMDG 737 FMC when GSX Pro told me to. After this, it didn't take more than a split second before GSX Pro told me refueling was completed. How on earth did that guy manage to fill up about 4 tons of fuel in about 1 second  ;D

I guess it might be me having missed something obvious. Need to find some time to read through the manual carefully.
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2022, 09:28:19 pm »
I guess it might be me having missed something obvious. Need to find some time to read through the manual carefully.

You might have missed exactly the thing I posted before.

marcogagnor

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2022, 09:35:50 pm »
I set the fuel to 0% instead of 4 and this time refueled.

WebMaximus

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2022, 10:09:14 pm »

You might have missed exactly the thing I posted before.

Would you care refreshing my mind what post you're referring to?

If you're referring to the post just above in this thread to someone else where you suggested to have the Always refuel progressively option enabled, I had.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 10:11:29 pm by WebMaximus »
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2022, 10:10:54 pm »

It's exactly above yours! The explanation of "Always Refuel Progressively", taken straight from the manual.

WebMaximus

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2022, 10:12:25 pm »

It's exactly above yours! The explanation of "Always Refuel Progressively", taken straight from the manual.

Just modified my answer, see above. I had that option checked but maybe a restart of GSX and/or MSFS is required before it will have effect?
Richard Åsberg