Author Topic: GSX Pro Editor Issue: Ground vehicles too close.  (Read 1470 times)

Turok144

GSX Pro Editor Issue: Ground vehicles too close.
« on: August 25, 2022, 03:08:35 am »
I've been delving into the editor and set up a custom parking spot for my stock MSFS A320 in a large empty area at a default airport.  All the GSX Pro services work without any problems whatsoever with the exception of the ground vehicles being way too close to the aircraft.  This is causing a lot of unnecessary collisions.  With the editor, I was able to relocate every single vehicle away from the aircraft and they remain exactly in their designated spots.  The minute that I summon a specific service, i.e. fueling, or catering, every single ground vehicle, including the staircases, rush back in from the designated areas where I placed them in editing mode. The vehicles remain in this clumped up state next to the aircraft even after the fueling or catering has been completed.

I watched a video on the editor in which the author was able to expand the diameter of the parking space.  When I saw this, I immediately thought this was the reason why I was having the issue.  I resized the parking space and saved the settings but unfortunately it did not resolve the issue

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Pro Editor Issue: Ground vehicles too close.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 12:48:10 pm »
Are you sure you are referring the GSX vehicles used *IN GSX* and not, for example, Airport Services vehicles ?

They are also used as ground vehicle replacements so, they look exactly the same as GSX, because the are the same but, until after you select GSX and start something, they'll be placed according to the Airport service files, exactly as they would be if they were still default.

When you start GSX, all of these will be automatically removed, to be replaced by the "same" versions, now under GSX control, so they will start according to the start positions you saved.

Turok144

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 10:01:57 pm »
I took a closer look at the vehicles and stairs that are spawning too close to the aircraft. I’m almost 100% sure that they are GSX and not default MSFS ground vehicles since they all respond to GSX commands.

During the deboarding procedure, the baggage vehicle leaves prematurely, and the conveyor operator is loading bags into thin air.  The baggage vehicle is some distance away and the bags can be seen getting loaded despite the long distance from the conveyor belt operator.  This was not happening yesterday at this same location.

When all the passengers have been deboarded and the buses leave, the stairs remain in place.  When I press the command to dismiss the stairs, both sets of stairs park right under the aircraft causing an intersection.

The pushback vehicle with tow bar is in the way of the forward catering truck and causes an intersection.  When I call for pushback, the stairs continue to remain in place underneath the aircraft.

I tried to attach screenshots, but they are too large.

If there's a way for the vehicles to return to their newly assigned designation, that would be awesome.  No rush, just an observation noted with the customized aircraft parking.

Additional info: Custom parking used with the GSX editor is located at KNQX, NAS Boca Chica Airport, Key West, right next to the static military aircraft. The aircraft used in this example is the default MSFS A320 NEO.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 11:14:32 pm »
You really need to send me your custom profile. Is the KNQX airport the one we supply with KEYW ?

Turok144

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2022, 12:32:59 am »
The NAS Boca Chica airport is on the key just a little north of Key West airport.  I do own the FSDT KEYW airport, I'll try to set up a custom parking with the editor there and see if anything changes.

Sure thing, I'll be glad to send you the profile of what I have on KNQX.  How do I access the profile?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 12:34:32 am by Turok144 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2022, 12:52:11 am »
It's in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\MSFS folder, named KNQX-xxxxx.INI

Turok144

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2022, 02:04:00 am »
Ok great.  I just emailed it to you.

Thanks!

Turok144

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2022, 02:33:40 am »
Greetings Umberto,

Just checking to see how this issue was coming along.  I periodically land at the airport where I set up my custom parking spot using the editor and I'm still seeing the stairs spawn underneath my aircraft.  As before, when I initially arrive at the parking, all the vehicles are far away from the aircraft where I placed them when configuring the editor.  The moment that I request any of the services, every vehicle/stairs immediately spawn too close to the aircraft and disregard the traffic cones and the diameter of the aircraft that I set up with the editor.

Thank you.