Author Topic: Fully black walker skins / pax not appearing  (Read 2126 times)

bmaising

Fully black walker skins / pax not appearing
« on: August 28, 2022, 09:46:58 pm »
Hi,
 Slowly I start to get nervous -.-. I customized the walker / pax walking points at Beautiful modern of the world EDDW Bremen, and after start of boarding the walkers turned into full black skins (now they look like black ghost silhouettes walking around), and the pax did not appeared in the transparent bridge after the jetway. WTF?!
 I remember, I have seen a message "default jetway" at the beginning. Strange, but I got no jetway replacement exclusions.
 Ran live update 1 hour ago from now.
 What can be the reason?

Fiorentoni

Re: Fully black walker skins / pax not appearing
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2022, 09:50:12 pm »
Hi,
 Slowly I start to get nervous -.-. I customized the walker / pax walking points at Beautiful modern of the world EDDW Bremen, and after start of boarding the walkers turned into full black skins (now they look like black ghost silhouettes walking around), and the pax did not appeared in the transparent bridge after the jetway. WTF?!
 I remember, I have seen a message "default jetway" at the beginning. Strange, but I got no jetway replacement exclusions.
 Ran live update 1 hour ago from now.
 What can be the reason?

you need to have jetway replacement exclusions at EDDW (move EDDW to the right column in the "config") - and at every 3rd party airport you have. The replacement jetways only work based on MSFS default airport data and are completely wrong & non-functional when used with 3rd party airports.

bmaising

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2022, 09:51:46 pm »
By the way, the pax are black silhouettes at night, when its dark. Is that normal?

Fiorentoni

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2022, 09:55:18 pm »
By the way, the pax are black silhouettes at night, when its dark. Is that normal?

I have not seen anything like that, you mean in the complete dark or in apron lighting at night? Would you do a screenshot maybe?

bmaising

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2022, 10:05:00 pm »
They walk inside the terminal building. when its day, they look normal, when its night, they are completely black.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2022, 10:14:14 pm »
They walk inside the terminal building. when its day, they look normal, when its night, they are completely black.

It's of normal, if the airport terminal doesn't have any dynamic lights inside, passengers will be black, since they don't emit light by themselves, they can only reflect light from an incoming light source.

Of course, we placed proper dynamic lights inside of our jetways, for the precise reason to allow passengers to be seen, but once they are outside the jetway and inside the terminal, it all depends if the terminal interiors has dynamic lights.

bmaising

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2022, 10:20:45 pm »
Ah ok I also realised this already. Anyway, there is really a strange issue. But see it yourself, I recorded it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqNW_FeWuf4

Jetway was excluded in the config (all 3rd party airports)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 10:24:51 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2022, 10:25:39 pm »
Ah ok I also realised this already. Anyway, there is really a strange issue. But see it yourself, I recorded it.

please clarify what is the "strange issue". The numbers left there ? They'll go away if you restart couatl.

bmaising

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2022, 10:30:08 pm »
Yes, the numbers and the pax not appearing where I customized them in the transparent bridge. Just like in the manual on page 45.

bmaising

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2022, 10:33:22 pm »
Important: Is it possible to rotate the waypoints of walker / pax points customizing? As you can see in the youtube video, they are rotated, and in relation to the bridge they look skew.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2022, 10:34:29 pm »
Yes, the numbers and the pax not appearing where I customized them in the transparent bridge.

I already replied about the numbers.

Visibility under two layers of glass can be difficult, depending how the glass material is made. Nothing specific to GSX, of course, it happens whenever you might have multiple transparency layers visible, for passengers is more visible with women, who often have hair using transparency so, it's a triple layer of transparency, which is basically an unsolved problem in PC graphic, until we'll have true raytracing.

Ever heard of the problem of black window buildings when there is fog ?

bmaising

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2022, 10:37:27 pm »
No, no, sorry, I dont talk about this issue, I talk about the pax boarding, not about the walkers with black silhouettes.
 I showed the two points customized for pax boarding / deboarding inside the transparent bridge, then I started boarding in the video and you can see that no pax appear. I just did like in the manual page 45.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2022, 10:37:44 pm »
Important: Is it possible to rotate the waypoints of walker / pax points customizing? As you can see in the youtube video, they are rotated, and in relation to the bridge they look skew.

It's not possible, because it's completely useless even if it could. Passenger heading is controlled only by the path heading from one way point to the next one, it's a completely different system than the pushback, where waypoints are not waypoints, but control points to fit a spline curve through them. The editor "looks" similar, but the way the path is handled is completely different so, in this context, the heading of the waypoint *itself* doesn't matter, it only matters its relationship to the next waypoint.

bmaising

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2022, 10:43:44 pm »
Yes, the numbers and the pax not appearing where I customized them in the transparent bridge.

I already replied about the numbers.

Visibility under two layers of glass can be difficult, depending how the glass material is made. Nothing specific to GSX, of course, it happens whenever you might have multiple transparency layers visible, for passengers is more visible with women, who often have hair using transparency so, it's a triple layer of transparency, which is basically an unsolved problem in PC graphic, until we'll have true raytracing.

Ever heard of the problem of black window buildings when there is fog ?

No, no, sorry, I dont talk about this issue, I talk about the pax boarding, not about the walkers with black silhouettes.
 I showed the two points customized for pax boarding / deboarding inside the transparent bridge, then I started boarding in the video and you can see that no pax appear. I just did like in the manual page 45.
Modify message

bmaising

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2022, 11:15:28 pm »
?