Author Topic: Saved files ?  (Read 1385 times)

teisco

Saved files ?
« on: August 28, 2022, 07:51:30 pm »
Most settings and edits will not save (no I do not have ProSim)

Where are the saved files located and how can I locate the saved file for a certain edited aircraft?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Saved files ?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2022, 08:03:46 pm »
%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes

teisco

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2022, 08:11:04 pm »
Thanks, which appdata, there are several ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2022, 08:11:54 pm »
Thanks, which appdata, there are several ?

There are several "appdata", but there's only one %APPDATA%, that's why I always type it like this, it will open the correct one, regardless of the user name or where it is really.

teisco

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2022, 08:17:34 pm »
Thank you , found it and saved....
Also strange thing about the updater, yesterday I ran it until all was clear of downloads and text - but today I ran it and it downloaded a ton,,,,,maybe that is not saving ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2022, 10:31:24 pm »
Also strange thing about the updater, yesterday I ran it until all was clear of downloads and text - but today I ran it and it downloaded a ton,,,,,maybe that is not saving ?

Maybe your local cloudflare finally got some updated files, so you are getting now what you were always supposed to get. And, we also updated some files, but surely not "a ton".

teisco

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2022, 10:49:42 pm »
Here is something interesting. I am trying to save my aircraft edits and now realize why my aircraft edits always do not save but my airport edits do - they are separate. So for some reason the appdata files are not saving but the airport files are.

I am experimenting with while editing I keep the appdata file open and make sure the coordinents (spelling) are what I am putting in, in the sim. When all is edited to my expectations I will make the appdate aircraft file Read Only and hope that it works.

teisco

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2022, 01:08:34 am »
Ok that did not work. I think I will try this someday again but you really need to make this save files. It could be that my MSFS is on D drive and the addon file is on C or who knows but for me it is not saving and after spending a couple hours setting up an airport and aircraft and having all only work once is not fun.

I love the program and can go into FSX and do anything with it and it works great , but for MSFS not so great for me.

fcmusician

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2022, 01:40:43 am »
Ok that did not work. I think I will try this someday again but you really need to make this save files. It could be that my MSFS is on D drive and the addon file is on C or who knows but for me it is not saving and after spending a couple hours setting up an airport and aircraft and having all only work once is not fun.

I love the program and can go into FSX and do anything with it and it works great , but for MSFS not so great for me.
Known problem for others including me. Blew through a whole weekend trying to figure out why nothing saves after editing aircraft.
Frank B^)

teisco

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2022, 05:18:49 pm »
I really thing they make this a priority, saving is more important than anything else in this software. I do not want a refund,, I love this and just want to make it work.

fcmusician

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2022, 07:42:54 pm »
I really thing they make this a priority, saving is more important than anything else in this software. I do not want a refund,, I love this and just want to make it work.
Same here. I have watched this program do it's thing and it is very immersive when it works consistently.
Frank B^)