Author Topic: A word of support  (Read 798 times)

Sumimoto

A word of support
« on: August 28, 2022, 02:16:16 pm »
Honestly, I love GSX. Some ppl call it "unfinished", and they are correct - no project is finished until the dev decides so.
Was it released too early - maybe, but to the developer it was done and passed beta tests.

I want to be clear - I don't idolize the product. It HAS some mistakes. But comparing it to the original GSX, this version has a lot of improvements.
GSX IS LESS THEN A MONTH OLD, and I know how it is hard to find all the missed bugs and problems.
Just keep in mind, that FS isn't the most UGC-friendly software and it's so by design. So give team some time and love and stop bullying them. They are already in rush and every offensive complain" would massively demotivate them. Manners, lads.

And yes, I agree, UI needs to be reworked, and there are problems with some models, but keep in mind, that there is no official and full integration of GSX in any mod/plane yet. And it exists completely natively and integrated only in FSDT Sceneries.

So ye. Give them some time. Everything you want will be done in time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: A word of support
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2022, 02:32:03 pm »
Thanks for you comments.

GSX originally came out in 2012, and we don't consider it "finished" yet.

Those smart users that supported us since then, have been upgraded for free through FSX: Steam, P3D 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 and 5.0, sometimes with massive improvements that costed us months of work (like PBR support or 64 bit support) that everybody else would asked money for,  justifying "it's a new sim, you must pay again", yet they all got it for free so, I'd say during those 10 years, those that bought it when it came out, got quite a bit of value from their investment.

Sumimoto

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2022, 02:39:23 pm »
>it's a new sim, you must pay again

Yep. Classics.
Looking at you, PMDG

S3rg1o

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2022, 05:45:32 pm »
Before buying GSX for MSFS, I saw a bunch of videos with mixed reviews, but the majority said GSX should have never been released in the state it was, witch made me reluctant to buy it...
But I decided to go for it anyway, and I must say it completly changes the sim, it's a must have for sure! Of course it does have its glitches but it does what it is intended to do, and regarding faults, it is beeing constantly pollished.
And on my side I never had any CTDs whatsoever, and i'm running SU10 beta.
So congrats to the dev team and keep those updates comming!
:)