Author Topic: Aircraft nose raised on disconnection from standard pushback tug with towbar  (Read 2229 times)

Supera380

Hello,

Am creating this new topic since I did not find any similar reports of this specific issue reported so far.

Concerning pushback, I understand the sequence has changed which for me is not an issue however having made three flights recently with GSX, I now consistently experience a significant "jolt" when in the cockpit that occurs when the pushback tug is about to disconnect from the aircraft after pushback has completed.  Viewed from the cockpit, first the nose of the aircraft is raised into the air and then it is essentially left to contact the ground once more. The rate at which this happens is quite quick and less than smooth which gives the effect of the nose thumping back on to the ground.

My impression (could be wrong here) is it appears that GSX may be trying to simulate the nose gear being raised/lowered by a a specific pushback tug (towbarless type) that can capture and raise/lower the nose gear strut, but in my case it was a standard pushback tug with a tow bar, so I dont quite understand why this would now occur. So far upon pushback at 3 different airports and the same 787 aircraft, the same issue has been observed.

Is there any way this raise/lowering of the nose effect can be configured to off or is this another side effect of the latest GSX update?

Am currently using the QW787-9 in P3Dv5.3.

Thanks.

miata54

You are not alone in your experience. My post from a few days ago.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26880.0.html

Chok

Can confirm this.

Consistent "jump" in the VC every time GSX disconnects the TUG after a completed pushback. The jump is so significant that it triggers the "hard landing" sound file.

P3D V4.5 - PMDG NGX orignal.

It started happening after the update that caused the disappearing jetway issue about a week ago.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 07:30:43 pm by Chok »

Supera380

You are not alone in your experience. My post from a few days ago.
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26880.0.html
Can confirm this.

Thanks Guys. I hope Umberto & team can take a look at this when the more signifiant issues are resolved.

Papacoach

Following...

fnav77

+1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
We are testing a solution that seems to work.

Only for the towbar vehicle, the one without a towbar will still do the bump, but it can be removed by disabling the "Pushback raise" option in the airplane config.

liamr685

We are testing a solution that seems to work.

Only for the towbar vehicle, the one without a towbar will still do the bump, but it can be removed by disabling the "Pushback raise" option in the airplane config.

That’s all well and good, but when you change this settings…they don’t save.

Fragtality

+1

The Jump was so violent, the Plane (FSL) was literally thrown up into the air  :o
Resulting in a "uncontrolled flight into terrain" on Push-Back  ;D

Edit: it was with a towbar and the setting was disabled.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 11:09:21 pm by Fragtality »

miata54

I tried Umberto's suggestion to uncheck the "Pushback Raise" option on a 757 that had experienced the bump movement before, and it worked. I can't remember if the tug had a tow bar or not, but I'm going to test out several tugs and see what happens.

Fragtality

Re: Aircraft nose raised on disconnection from standard pushback tug with towbar
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2022, 06:44:13 pm »
+1

The Jump was so violent, the Plane (FSL) was literally thrown up into the air  :o
Resulting in a "uncontrolled flight into terrain" on Push-Back  ;D

Edit: it was with a towbar and the setting was disabled.

Happened again yesterday. Has something to do when doing a turn-around at the Destination. When I don't restart Coutal/GSX in between, it happens. When I restart it, it does not happen.