Author Topic: Dual Jetways  (Read 3981 times)

Stephmic09

Dual Jetways
« on: August 28, 2022, 07:45:57 am »
Just wondering if there’s a way to activate use of dual jetways at airports that have them? I was trying to do this at a heavy gate at KBOS with the CS 777-300ER but wasn’t able to it. Something I might be able to edit in a file? I see we can set the points for the doors in the editor, but when I call for boarding only one jetway connects, not both sadly. If it’s not possible yet I sure would love to have this feature in the future! Those larger aircraft would look awesome.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Dual Jetways
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2022, 09:25:50 am »
GSX uses the default jetway control system, just with better and more models. Multiple jetways per gate are not supported by it.

Stephmic09

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2022, 07:10:41 pm »
Thanks for the reply. So it’s essentially on Microsoft/Asobo to integrate this feature and make dual jetways a possibility? Is there no way for modding or add ons to change this to make it work? Like is the code inaccessible?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2022, 07:13:54 pm »
We would have to code something completely custom that will bypass the default jetway system entirely, using its own kinematics and movement.

That was SODE in FSX/P3D, which we used for our custom jetways there. We think SODE for MSFS will eventually arrive, just the author has a very demanding real-life job, he's not a flight sim developer full time, so it will arrive...eventually.

Stephmic09

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2022, 07:59:41 pm »
Will be a great addition, especially with the arrival of more large bodied aircraft. Appreciate all your hard work! After having some installation trouble with GSX Pro where I believe some files didn’t download properly (was missing the global jetways folder in my MSFS folder in Add Ons for some reason) it’s been corrected and working great. I ended up just creating the jetways folder (fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways) and clicked the update button for GSX in the Universal Installer and it got all the missing files downloaded and installed where they should be. Been awesome having its capabilities! Can’t wait to see what else comes along! 👍