Author Topic: Explanation of ini file contents  (Read 752 times)

olliejstacey

Explanation of ini file contents
« on: August 23, 2022, 09:08:05 pm »
Could someone please explain some of the sections in the ini file for each gate:

dontcreatejetways = 0
pushback = 3 What does 3 mean? What are the other options? Does this force a specific pushback tug?
loadertype = 2 2 2 What does each 2 mean? What are the other options?
type = 10 What does type refer to? What are the other options?
walkertype = GsxJetwayPassenger  Are there other options?
walkerloopstart = 0 Is this a time? Or which position they start at?
jetway_pos = 51.4726779609919 -0.481965243816376 321.778564453125 Does this allow you to reposition jetways? If so, where is the coordinate point?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Explanation of ini file contents
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 09:47:43 pm »
There isn't any need to explain any of these parameter, because each one of them is a 1:1 match of what you could do from the editor, so there's no reason whatsoever to edit it.

The only notable thing, is the jetway position, it's there because the jetway position *has* been read from the airport file, so GSX does know where it is, but that doesn't mean you can edit it, if you could, we would allowed it in the editor.

Basically, don't worry, there aren't any "secrets" in the .INI that you could edit to do things you can't do with the editor.

olliejstacey

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022, 09:49:41 pm »
But that's not true..? The passenger path width is in there, which I asked about in a different thread. That parameter was self explanatory so I didn't need to ask for info on what that did!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2022, 09:52:53 pm »
But that's not true..? The passenger path width is in there, which I asked about in a different thread. That parameter was self explanatory so I didn't need to ask for info on what that did!

Yes, you are right, the passenger width is in fact something you can change here, for which we don't have an editor function yet.

Yamba1

• Flying for pleasure
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2022, 06:19:56 am »
The only notable thing, is the jetway position, it's there because the jetway position *has* been read from the airport file, so GSX does know where it is, but that doesn't mean you can edit it, if you could, we would allowed it in the editor.
I came across several airports but one in particular,  YBCS  ( Cairns Australia) where the Jetways  are located  well  behind the airport gates,  and  out of reach  to any aircraft . Is there any way  we can  move those  jetways  to a better location? . It seems to me  that 3rd party developers  who model  airports are doing this quiet successfully
Charles
Charles

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2022, 09:54:06 am »
I came across several airports but one in particular,  YBCS  ( Cairns Australia) where the Jetways  are located  well  behind the airport gates,  and  out of reach  to any aircraft . Is there any way  we can  move those  jetways  to a better location? . It seems to me  that 3rd party developers  who model  airports are doing this quiet successfully

Yes, they are doing it by hand when making a new scenery. We are supplying GSX with a set of replacement files that are made automatically, taking data from the default airport, so parking positions and jetways positions are identical to the default scenery, just with a different jetway model, which is dimensionally equivalent to the default one so, if you were using the default airport, you would have see exactly the same situation.

Changing jetways in the replacement files would require recompiling them from their source, but while in FSX/P3D there was a quick way to do it, since the SDK had a small command-line utility (BGLCOMP) that made easy to change/recompile a source XML into a BGL, in MSFS the build process is made only if the source file of an airport is part of a properly setup project, which is not that easy to setup automatically.

However, once GSX is installed, all its jetways become available for usage in custom sceneries, considering MSFS has a fully featured Dev Mode editor, it would be useless trying to duplicate all the rich editing features of the standard Dev Mode, and once freeware authors will start to realize they can use all the additional objects that comes with GSX which are usually hard to do, like Jetways and VGDS, I'm sure we'll see lots of freeware add-ons for GSX users, like we are seeing now with GSX profiles, which is just the first level of customization possible.