Author Topic: GSX update: what a disaster!  (Read 4274 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX update: what a disaster!
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2022, 08:35:59 pm »
Your log shows the program crashed while rebuilding the airport cache in D:\Prepar3D v4, try to add this folder too to the antivirus Exclusions.

flaviossa

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2022, 11:29:55 pm »
Hi! As can be seen in the first image of my post in the previous page "1" of this topic, i have already "D:\Prepar3D v4" in the exclude list.
BUT, i tried again with antivirus completely OFF with the same results. (Coatl.exe process crashes)

Your post suggests that the issue is when recreating the scenery cache file. Is there a way to force NOT to recreate the scenery cache just to see if GSX opens?

I saw this in the log:
Airport cache not valid: file meta.txt not found or malformed (Is this an issue?)

I have already tried to delete the whole "C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl" folder. It was recreated ok in the first time i opened p3d after. But coatl.exe process still crashes.

And a question: if i completely unistall GSX/GSX2 from my p3dv4 install and installs it from zero, can this issue be resolved? Remembering that this issue started at the same time of situation we´re currently facing.

Thanks again for your time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2022, 11:32:05 pm »
I see all those crashes are with P3D 4, and in fact I now can crash it too. I've been using only V5 for all tests, not sure what's the difference, since the Couatl64 exe is the same, but we now at least know where to look for.

flaviossa

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2022, 04:17:21 pm »
Hello, try this guys:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26999.msg177358.html#msg177358

It corrected the couatl.exe process crash for me. Good luck!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2022, 04:28:48 pm »
In any case, I suggest trying the Live Update now, I realized we uploaded a version of the P3D V4 Addon Manager ( bglmanx64.dll ) which had logging enabled, and this would slow it down the startup.

flaviossa

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2022, 04:47:17 pm »
Will do. Thanks Umberto!