Author Topic: Follow Me Vehicle Behavior  (Read 1813 times)

Flightdoc

Follow Me Vehicle Behavior
« on: August 27, 2022, 09:26:23 pm »
Anyone know where to turn off the "flee from you" behavior when you are a bit too close? thanks
Flightdoc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Follow Me Vehicle Behavior
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2022, 10:13:59 pm »
For the time being, you need to add this line to the  [GSX] section of the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatladdons.INI file:

followme_disable_flee = 1

There is supposed to be an interface in the Settings, but it didn't make it in time for the release, we'll add it back shorty, but the .INI setting does exactly the same.

Flightdoc

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2022, 01:10:22 am »
Thanks much :)
Flightdoc

pinolo1978

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2022, 01:42:27 am »
sorry, I can't find this file in the entries, has it been moved or has the procedure changed?

Flightdoc

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2022, 06:12:39 am »
Just checked and the INI file is still there as noted above and the line I added as suggested is also still in my INI file in the latest version of GSX.
Flightdoc

Copper

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2022, 05:03:39 pm »
sorry, I can't find this file in the entries, has it been moved or has the procedure changed?
It has not been removed since it is not there initially.
As Umberto said, you need to add the line.

pinolo1978

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2022, 06:13:54 pm »
It has not been removed since it is not there initially.
As Umberto said, you need to add the line.
aaahhhh ok thanks!

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2022, 07:49:00 pm »
I was going to add that option a couple of weeks ago, but I did something else so easy that made the problem go away so it's not necessary.

I increased the speed of the car to 16mph. That's all it took. I'm usually in an A320 or B73X, so I rarely make turns at more than 10 mph and rarely exceed 15mph on all but the longest of straightaways. With the car at 16mph, when I start rolling, he gets far enough away so that when I get to 16mph there's plenty of room between us. He slows down in the turns, but I need to as well, so he's usually speeding up again when I get to 10mph in the turn.

Maybe Umberto could make him slow down a little less in the turns? That would be nice since he gets a little sleepy going around them. I'm often behind him wondering what fool gave my granny a job driving a follow me car.  :D   

Try it. You might find a speed that works for you.
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

Copper

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2022, 08:07:12 pm »
Try it. You might find a speed that works for you.
Disabling that "flee" behavior worked for me.
I still can't get my head around why this behavior is even implemented... In what world would a Follow Me turn around and just drive away? Without ANY hint on what's going on? As a default?
I mean seriously, who came up with that?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2022, 12:12:41 am »
I still can't get my head around why this behavior is even implemented... In what world would a Follow Me turn around and just drive away? Without ANY hint on what's going on? As a default?I mean seriously, who came up with that?

The obvious reason for that behavior, is to do something that would look clearly intentional in case you tried to crash into the follow me car, since it doesn't clearly happen if you follow it from a safe distance and no, it's not just a distance thing, it checks the acceleration, and predict the chance of a collision based on that so, the distance is not the only thing that matters, it also matters how smooth the planes accelerates to follow the car.

As long you don't follow from too close, you won't ever trigger the Flee behavior, but if you want to follow closer, just disable it.