Author Topic: Issues still evident [P3Dv4.5]  (Read 1844 times)

liamr685

Issues still evident [P3Dv4.5]
« on: August 26, 2022, 01:16:16 pm »
So,

After another update, i still have some issues still not fixed.

It appears GSX isnt reading / loading the afcad for some airports.

Weirdly, some airports work, others don't, some work - but partially.

FlyTampa OMDB has no gates, same for UK2000 EGLL & EGBB (and others), but some airports like UK2000 EGCC have gates, but not jetway animations, and some airports work fine, like Taxi2Gate OTHH & UK2000 EGKK.

Had a look at some of the files in appdata\roaming\virtuali\gsx.
In there a have a few config files such as egll-dfsso6.

I had a look at a few and some of these files have a [General] Section, with a path to the afcad.
Some files dont, some only list the afcad file name but no path

bit of fault finding, for the egll-dfsso6 file, it had no General section, so i manually added
[general]
afcad_path = D:\Users\<user>\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\UK2000 Heathrow Xtreme\scenery\egll_AFX_UK2xGEN.bgl

Hoping it would solve the issue, only to find it hadnt.

Weirdly, UK2000 EGKK works fully for me, but its afcad path is just
[general]
afcad_path = EGKK_AFX_UK2xGEN.BGL

Could the issue be GSX isnt recognising afcads / populating the data correctly when regenerating airport cache?

Supera380

Re: Issues still evident [P3Dv4.5]
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 02:35:08 pm »
Similar issues here:

GSX would not recognize the AFCAD supplied with the scenery files and located in the scenery folder, in this case Justim LEPA.

I went to the GSX .ini file and changed the path for the GSX.ini file. This solved the initial warning message that an AFCAD could not be detected.I did not have this issue a week ago when at the same airport.

However, if try and use the SODE jetways via the Operate jetways GSX menu option, they do not move. The GSX warning states that no jetways operate from this position however if I review the Airport settings in GSX, this Gate (12) is confirmed as having 2 SODE jetways. Physically they are present but there's no movement of the jetway.

As far as I can tell SODE is correctly installed and activated. 

Papacoach

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 03:52:56 pm »
Using the Reload All option in the in-game SODE menu followed by a restart couatl rebuild airport cache can often times restore the jetway recognition.

To me something changed with how the ini files are recognized no doubt. Couatl/GSX often won't read fsdt own ini files within the scenery folder at this point. I'm on p3dv5.3.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 04:09:46 pm by Papacoach »

trisho0

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2022, 04:26:22 pm »
GSX is not reading AFCAD and GSX.INI files properly, hopefully fixed soon.

Patricio Valdes

Supera380

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2022, 04:46:58 pm »
At least for the Justim LEPA issue I was able to solve this.

The "No Jetway can Operate at This Position" warning was generated from what I can tell by the aircraft position not being close enough to the jetways. Once I discovered that, I was able to slew the aircraft to a closer position and then the SODE jetways were operating once more. Boarding of crew and passengers proceeded as expected. LEPA now working in P3D.

trisho0

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2022, 05:35:23 pm »
At least for the Justim LEPA issue I was able to solve this.

The "No Jetway can Operate at This Position" warning was generated from what I can tell by the aircraft position not being close enough to the jetways. Once I discovered that, I was able to slew the aircraft to a closer position and then the SODE jetways were operating once more. Boarding of crew and passengers proceeded as expected. LEPA now working in P3D.
Try testing with scenery without SODE xml file but with gsx.INI file only and see if it works.

Patricio Valdes

fnav77

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2022, 07:36:09 pm »
I an also having difficulties with UK2000 EGLL.... If you delete the GSX config file .ini and also delte all the config files provided by the scenery developer, then GSX works again (and reads the AFCAD file) and allows me to edit the gates again, etc.... However, that way, you lose all the work you have done before for that airport, which is a shame.
If you try to save the data from the old file and then paste it into the newly created config file, then GSX no longer works and no longer recognises all the gates in the AFCAD (back to one gate only).

Is there a change in the way these airport config files are written, that GSX no longer recognises them?

liamr685

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2022, 07:49:04 pm »
I an also having difficulties with UK2000 EGLL.... If you delete the GSX config file .ini and also delte all the config files provided by the scenery developer, then GSX works again (and reads the AFCAD file) and allows me to edit the gates again, etc.... However, that way, you lose all the work you have done before for that airport, which is a shame.
If you try to save the data from the old file and then paste it into the newly created config file, then GSX no longer works and no longer recognises all the gates in the AFCAD (back to one gate only).

Is there a change in the way these airport config files are written, that GSX no longer recognises them?

I cut the INI files and pasted them elsewhere so a new set would be generated.
This didn’t work for me, it didn’t bother to generate new ones.

liamr685

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2022, 10:47:23 am »

Just want to make sure im moving the correct files.

for UK2000 EGLL, which files am i removing, and where are their locations?